Glock Firearms banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of getting a G 36 to go with my 21's and 30's. Sometimes you want the slimness of a single stack and I was wondering if you have had any problems with yours. How long have you had it and approx how many rounds through it?
Thank you in advance for your replies!

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Sorry, don't have a G36...but I have handled and shot one !!

Seemed like a real light, concealable package...accurate too.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dad has a 36. Its great with the mag extensions on it. Shoots great probably 500 rounds so far since he picked it up. Its his edc.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ive had mine for probably around 4 years or so. Shot more rounds than I can count, guess around 1000 or so. Only problem ive had with it was with a box of champion federal 230 gr FMJ that I purchased from wally world. I had numerous stove pipes and my slide wouldnt lock back on empty. I have just chaulked it up to crud ammo (this was during the ammo drought) because I have yet to have a single problem since. On a side note, my brother purchased the same type federal in 9mm that day and had 4 FTFs out of one box. All rounds had postive primer strikes and this was from a barely used sig sauer p250. I dont think I will ever again purchase federal maroon box. But back to the glock-great shooting (remember it is a sub compact .45), conceals very easy, and packs a punch. Downside is the single stack mag holding 6 rds. I have been considering a g30 SF.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks EG- I daily carry a Glock 30. It is a Great gun! I sometimes need a slightly narrower pistol and the 36 seemed like a great idea. I had heard the first batch had some issues but I know Glock won't let that happen for long! HMMM Looks like I will add another Glock .45 ACP to the stable!

Ive had mine for probably around 4 years or so. Shot more rounds than I can count, guess around 1000 or so. Only problem ive had with it was with a box of champion federal 230 gr FMJ that I purchased from wally world. I had numerous stove pipes and my slide wouldnt lock back on empty. I have just chaulked it up to crud ammo (this was during the ammo drought) because I have yet to have a single problem since. On a side note, my brother purchased the same type federal in 9mm that day and had 4 FTFs out of one box. All rounds had postive primer strikes and this was from a barely used sig sauer p250. I dont think I will ever again purchase federal maroon box. But back to the glock-great shooting (remember it is a sub compact .45), conceals very easy, and packs a punch. Downside is the single stack mag holding 6 rds. I have been considering a g30 SF.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Everybody for responding! If anyone else has a testimonial please add to this thread!

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I bought a G36 about 8 months ago. I looked at the G30 and the G36. The G36 felt better in my hand.

While the dealer was putting on my night sites (and the paperwork on the permit already done) I noticed a G30sf. I asked the dealer what's an sf? He told me it stands for slim frame.

I asked to see it and immediately got hit with a case of buyers remorse for buying the G36.

Being the G36 is really a one-off gun, after market parts are a pain to get, when in stock. And the only mag you'll ever use in a G36 is a G36 mag.

Go with a G30sf.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the reply Kmurry. I have a G-30 and it is great but not thin enough for sometimes! the SF isn't any thinner or easier to conceal than the standard 30!

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
Thanks for the reply Kmurry. I have a G-30 and it is great but not thin enough for sometimes! the SF isn't any thinner or easier to conceal than the standard 30!
Too bad you don't live in NJ. You could buy mine in about 3 months. I might sell it while I'm on vacation at Jr.'s house in NC this July.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.