Glock 36 Gen 4 in the works?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by DrlSgt, May 15, 2012.

1. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

Thinking about adding a G36 to the family. Anyone have any insight on whether or not a Gen4 is on the horizon? I really like the changes in the new Gen4 models and would hate to get a G36 now only to have them come out with a Gen4 within the next 6 months...

2. lyodbraun

lyodbraun أنا لست ارهابيا

I don't see them making one anytime soon... with Glock behind already with current Gen4 models ....

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum DrlSgt !!

4. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome Drlsgt!

5. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

Thanks everyone! I am fairly new to this forum but have enjoyed all the great information here. I guess, I'll pull the trigger and just get the G36 (Gen3 is what I guess is out right now?).

Hope I don't regret this purchase :0

6. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

Go ahead ang get it. It was not on the list for 2012 in the Glock buyer's guide.

7. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum Drlsgt. Get the G36!
    I have a g36 and love, love, love it. It is my EDC.

8. rGlock36

rGlock36 New Member

My 2012 buyers guide has it in the list. Helped me decide between it and the 30. I love my 36.

9. rGlock36

rGlock36 New Member

Maybe you meant Gen 4, then oops my bad, you're right.

10. lilman33981

lilman33981 New Member

Just went to the range today and shot my g36 for the first time since I bought it. Absolutely loved it!!!!!

11. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

Ok, after reading all your replies and about a week's worth of research and reviews, I'm pretty sold. My EDC is my G26 Gen4 and I love it but have always wanted a .45 ACP. Initially thought about getting a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry CDP II but came across the G36 and really love my Glocks (G19 G4 & G26 G4). That being said, if the G36 is anywhere near as reliable and enjoyable to shoot/carry as the other Glocks, then I'M SOLD! Planning on getting it this week. Will report back after my first range session.

Thanks again all!

12. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

Pick up my 36 blue label next week. I already have the Pearce +0 extensions and 200 rounds waiting in my range bag. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!!

13. flightmedic76

flightmedic76 New Member

Picked it up and sent 200 rounds down range. I love it!

14. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

And you were expecting, what?:confused: HAHA LOL Glad you got it! Sure are fun aren't they!:D:D

15. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

I LOVE THIS GUN! Picked up my G36 shortly after posting my last reply to this thread. Sent about 300 rounds down range and so glad I went with this gun! I put Pearce + 0 mag extensions on my 4 mags and shoots like a dream :)

Attached Files:

16. DrlSgt

DrlSgt New Member

Recently bought a G30SF lower/frame after reading about the 'hybrid' glocks. Slapped my G36 upper/slide on the G30SF lower/frame and took it out to the range - works perfectly and not a single failure! Now have 10 rounds in a compact (slim) .45 acp! Love this gun!

17. armedcitizen

armedcitizen New Member

Mine is very reliable and accurate, just finished putting trijicon night sight on mine.

Attached Files: