Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about adding a G36 to the family. Anyone have any insight on whether or not a Gen4 is on the horizon? I really like the changes in the new Gen4 models and would hate to get a G36 now only to have them come out with a Gen4 within the next 6 months...

·
أنا لست ارهابيا
75 Posts
I don't see them making one anytime soon... with Glock behind already with current Gen4 models ....

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome Drlsgt!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I am fairly new to this forum but have enjoyed all the great information here. I guess, I'll pull the trigger and just get the G36 (Gen3 is what I guess is out right now?).

Hope I don't regret this purchase :0

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Go ahead ang get it. It was not on the list for 2012 in the Glock buyer's guide.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, after reading all your replies and about a week's worth of research and reviews, I'm pretty sold. My EDC is my G26 Gen4 and I love it but have always wanted a .45 ACP. Initially thought about getting a Kimber 1911 Ultra Carry CDP II but came across the G36 and really love my Glocks (G19 G4 & G26 G4). That being said, if the G36 is anywhere near as reliable and enjoyable to shoot/carry as the other Glocks, then I'M SOLD! Planning on getting it this week. Will report back after my first range session.

Thanks again all!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Pick up my 36 blue label next week. I already have the Pearce +0 extensions and 200 rounds waiting in my range bag. I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas morning!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I LOVE THIS GUN! Picked up my G36 shortly after posting my last reply to this thread. Sent about 300 rounds down range and so glad I went with this gun! I put Pearce + 0 mag extensions on my 4 mags and shoots like a dream :)

Attachments

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Recently bought a G30SF lower/frame after reading about the 'hybrid' glocks. Slapped my G36 upper/slide on the G30SF lower/frame and took it out to the range - works perfectly and not a single failure! Now have 10 rounds in a compact (slim) .45 acp! Love this gun!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.