Glock Firearms banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a glock 36 from a guy on armslist. Well, I went out today to sight in another gun and the last few minutes before dark I fired two magazines through it. The first three cartridges were federal hydrashocks, until I realized I was shooting the good ammo, and switched to tula. About every 3 I fired, was a failure to fire, and one failure to eject. Does it sound like an issue with the gun? Maybe it hasn't been broken in yet? Thanks for any feedback!!

·
Registered
507 Posts
More than likely the ammo is the problem. The Tula ammo could have harder primers causing the like strikes.

If the gun is used, give it a thorough cleaner including the striker and striker channel.

Good luck

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
alright, the primer did have a very obvious dent in it, but it seems the hydrashock had a bigger smack on it. I fired tula forever through my 1911 with no issues. I have some different ammo I will try tomorrow. Not much better - blazer brass

·
Registered
190 Posts
This actually just happened to me last weekend with tula. You could tell it was a good strike the primer had a solid dent just failed to go off. I rechambered the round and the second try it fired. This was the first time its ever happened with any ammo I've ever shot out of the gun. The gun is only a year old so I've only put around 1500 rounds through it but I would blame the tula not the gun like others said

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This actually just happened to me last weekend with tula. You could tell it was a good strike the primer had a solid dent just failed to go off. I rechambered the round and the second try it fired. This was the first time its ever happened with any ammo I've ever shot out of the gun. The gun is only a year old so I've only put around 1500 rounds through it but I would blame the tula not the gun like others said
That is exactly what happened to me. How does blazer brass do? Im going to start reloading my .45 soon, using cci primers, but I have 150 or so el cheapos for the mean time. thanks everyone for your feedback!!

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
I never had a ftf issue or any issue with tula in glock pistols or any of my weapons. I have shot several thousands through my AR without an issue. I have always had the good luck with steelcased ammo.

·
Undertaker
38 Posts
That is exactly what happened to me. How does blazer brass do? Im going to start reloading my .45 soon, using cci primers, but I have 150 or so el cheapos for the mean time. thanks everyone for your feedback!!

blazer does fine. Glock uses it to test fire with too.

·
Registered
190 Posts
That is a good point. I shoot it regularly out of my AR too and never had an issue with it in that except the one time it got stuck in the chamber and failed to extract. I know that steel cases are notorious for getting stuck and are hard on extractors but shooting one box of tula the money you save will buy a new extractor so I dont sweat it all that much. What I hate about steel casings is its corrosion tendencies. I just bought a bunch of ammo from freedomunitions they had free shipping and 9mm was shipped to me at $0.19 per round. Cheaper than I can even get the tula at Walmart so hopefully they all shoot well and I will likely go that route more so than buying cheap Russian tula at the store. I have no experience with blazer brass sorry I can't help there

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
That is a good point. I shoot it regularly out of my AR too and never had an issue with it in that except the one time it got stuck in the chamber and failed to extract. I know that steel cases are notorious for getting stuck
lacquer coated cases are as you stated, the poly coated are not known for sticking.

·
Registered
126 Posts
More than likely it is the ammo. BUT, the 36 is the most sensitive Glock to limp wristing. I am sure you are experienced with avoiding limpwristing, but when I lose concentration or i get fatigued after firing a couple of magazines I start having issues.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry for the delay, I finally got to go shooting again today. Well I fired a box of 50 blazer brass through my glock 36. I didn't have a single issue with failure to fire. However, I did have 5-10 issues with failure to eject... Any ideas? Would a upgraded extractor fix this? Thanks!!

·
Tommycourt1
678 Posts
I have shot Blazer brass and have reloaded a lot of Blazer. So far I have had good experiences with Blazer, however I don't buy much of it as I do a great deal of reloading. As far as Tula goes, I mentioned on another thread that I had problems with Tula and won't buy any more. I can say that when I reloaded Tula brass, I have yet to have problems with the casings.
Tommy

·
Registered
214 Posts
I just picked up some freedom munitions ammo yesterday. They have a store front near me. Hope to get it to the range this week. No experience with tula

·
Registered
2 Posts
Were you using Perfecta, that brass-cased Tula-made ammo they sell at WalMart? I had the same issues with a box of this stuff using both my G34 and G19.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts