Glock 36 Barrel

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by zim2165, Mar 20, 2012.

1. zim2165

zim2165 New Member

Any manufacturer recommendations for a replacement barrel for a Glock 36? Just picked up a G36 Gen 2 over the weekend and am looking to tighten up the point of impact. Any other suggestions for what I can get for it?

Thanks

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum zim2165 !!

Barrels...

Bar-Sto
    Lone Wolf
    KKM
    Storm Lake

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012

3. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

I went to a s/s guide rod. Tightened my groups right up.

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Lonewolfdistributors.com

5. zim2165

zim2165 New Member

Hey KMurray96 which S/S guide rod did you go with? Thanks

6. Kmurray96

The one from Glockstore.com

7. fls348

fls348 New Member

The gun is inherently more accurate than the shooter. Personally I would focus on basics: trigger control, sights, breathing.

It's like the average golfer thinking a $1000 set of Callaway's will improve his game.......it won't.

8. Kmurray96

I didn't find it so with the G36. I found the stock plastic guide rod in the weapon to have the most flex of any Glock I ever handled. Out of the box my G36 was lousy. I even broke it down and reassembled it. Still lousy. :mad: When I got home from the range I ordered the s/s rod while I still had my jacket on.

The results were immediate in accuracy when I changed out to the s/s guide rod. I say immediate because I didn't even have time to practice. Got the rod in the mail the night before I had to qual with it as my OD weapon the next day. Plus there's no practice round for OD quals. You can do a reshoot, though, if it doesn't involve O/T. (I work for the fat man, Gov. Christie, you see.):p

BTW, rookie, the old man out-shot all but one guy who had a H&K USP. Not bad for a geezer with a 8 day old gun, ay?:rolleyes:

9. fls348

fls348 New Member

Rookie? Lets not even go there.

10. Kmurray96

Pulled right in there, didn't I junior?:)

11. zim2165

zim2165 New Member

Thanks fellas. I'm going to a gun show this weekend so I'll checkout the s/s guide rods. All the feedback is appreciated!

On another topic. Any available Glock OD's out there?

12. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Discussions on this Forum are most welcome without name-calling. All opinions shall be heard.

This falls under flaming or harassing other members, and is specifically forbidden.

Thank you for your continued cooperation.

13. fls348

fls348 New Member

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you 'kidding', however if I'm mistaken your more than welcome to PM me and let me know exactly what the problem is.