Glock Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any manufacturer recommendations for a replacement barrel for a Glock 36? Just picked up a G36 Gen 2 over the weekend and am looking to tighten up the point of impact. Any other suggestions for what I can get for it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
I went to a s/s guide rod. Tightened my groups right up.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
The one from Glockstore.com

·
Registered
277 Posts
The gun is inherently more accurate than the shooter. Personally I would focus on basics: trigger control, sights, breathing.

It's like the average golfer thinking a $1000 set of Callaway's will improve his game.......it won't.

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
The gun is inherently more accurate than the shooter. Personally I would focus on basics: trigger control, sights, breathing.

It's like the average golfer thinking a $1000 set of Callaway's will improve his game.......it won't.
I didn't find it so with the G36. I found the stock plastic guide rod in the weapon to have the most flex of any Glock I ever handled. Out of the box my G36 was lousy. I even broke it down and reassembled it. Still lousy. :mad: When I got home from the range I ordered the s/s rod while I still had my jacket on.

The results were immediate in accuracy when I changed out to the s/s guide rod. I say immediate because I didn't even have time to practice. Got the rod in the mail the night before I had to qual with it as my OD weapon the next day. Plus there's no practice round for OD quals. You can do a reshoot, though, if it doesn't involve O/T. (I work for the fat man, Gov. Christie, you see.):p

BTW, rookie, the old man out-shot all but one guy who had a H&K USP. Not bad for a geezer with a 8 day old gun, ay?:rolleyes:

·
Registered
277 Posts
I didn't find it so with the G36. I found the stock plastic guide rod in the weapon to have the most flex of any Glock I ever handled. Out of the box my G36 was lousy. I even broke it down and reassembled it. Still lousy. :mad: When I got home from the range I ordered the s/s rod while I still had my jacket on.

The results were immediate in accuracy when I changed out to the s/s guide rod. I say immediate because I didn't even have time to practice. Got the rod in the mail the night before I had to qual with it as my OD weapon the next day. Plus there's no practice round for OD quals. You can do a reshoot, though, if it doesn't involve O/T. (I work for the fat man, Gov. Christie, you see.):p

BTW, rookie, the old man out-shot all but one guy who had a H&K USP. Not bad for a geezer with a 8 day old gun, ay?:rolleyes:
Rookie? Lets not even go there.

·
Banned
767 Posts
Lone wolf my man :)

·
Premium Member
8,653 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.