Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Super Moderator
75,390 Posts
Good morning angkrkat91,
I have a G36 as my EDC. It goes everywhere with me. I find that it's small/slim size is perfect for CC and still packs a big punch as a .45. The down size is that it only carries 6 in the mag and 1 in the tube. I have a G19, G22 and a G23 but I really love my g36 for my EDC. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeeHarpe said:
Good morning angkrkat91,
I have a G36 as my EDC. It goes everywhere with me. I find that it's small/slim size is perfect for CC and still packs a big punch as a .45. The down size is that it only carries 6 in the mag and 1 in the tube. I have a G19, G22 and a G23 but I really love my g36 for my EDC. Just my two cents.
Thanks. I'm looking for something small for me but still packs a punch. I've looked at the g26, g27, and now the g36. Just trying to decide which would be best.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I can't tell women enough, get the gun YOU LIKE and don't waste yor time on other peoples thoughts.

SHOOT the gun you like, renting a gun at the range really pays big dividends here. Learn how the come apart, operates and seriously balance what you like in other guns as opposed to the one you're looking at. If you're not comfortable, just don't buy it and keep shopping.

Remember, it doesn't have to be a big bore gun. As much as I would like to see every women that could handle a 40 have one, I just have to realize it ain't going to get shot if you don't like shooting it. I hope it all really works out for you and you learn to shoot the gun of your dreams!

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
G-23 said:
I can't tell women enough, get the gun YOU LIKE and don't waste yor time on other peoples thoughts.

SHOOT the gun you like, renting a gun at the range really pays big dividends here. Learn how the come apart, operates and seriously balance what you like in other guns as opposed to the one you're looking at. If you're not comfortable, just don't buy it and keep shopping.

Remember, it doesn't have to be a big bore gun. As much as I would like to see every women that could handle a 40 have one, I just have to realize it ain't going to get shot if you don't like shooting it. I hope it all really works out for you and you learn to shoot the gun of your dreams!
I plan on going to the range and renting them first, so I can compare them more and see which I like better and feel more comfortable with. I want one that I will want to take out every weekend and practice with. Not one that I never want to touch because I don't like it.

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I love shooting the GAP pistols. Higher velocity .45 round, less recoil, and smaller frame. What's not to like about it?

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I can get .45 GAP here for the same price as .45 ACP. Of course, the .45 GAP/ACP is still twice as much as what I pay for my 9mm.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
For the OP, I've shot both the 36 and the 30 before buying, wound up getting the 30. Just shot better for me. Definately support your idea to shoot them both before you buy, they're both pretty common models for rentals, and if you can't find one for rent it won't take many trips to the range to bump into someone there who's shooting one or the other.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm considering the same purchase. I like the slimline as an alternative to my 1911 Officers model. My decision is going to ultimately based on mag capacity. Is 6 enough or do I want 10? I'm leaning toward the G36.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
angelkat91 said:
Yes. Going to use a concealment purse
I know some good sources. Let me know if you need help.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts