Glock 36 .45 cal

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lilman33981, May 12, 2012.

1. lilman33981

lilman33981 New Member

Hi guys new to the forum I just bought the glock 36 for concealment and was just curious if anyone had an opinion on this model? Did I make a good choice? Would appreciate some tips or advice.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum lilman33981 !!

My opinion...the G36 is a very concealable & lightweight carry piece

and .45acp is my caliber of choice.

Last edited: May 12, 2012

3. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome lilman33981! I have a G19 and G26 but I'm sure some of our members will be along soon to answer your question. In my opinion you can't go wrong with any Glock. Enjoy the forum.

4. lilman33981

lilman33981 New Member

Thanks I will been reading some threads some very good info here!

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I think the 36 is a great pistol. I haven't shot one but I've worked on a couple and really like them.

6. cdadler

cdadler New Member

I recently convinced my buddy to buy one. I thought it shot great for a firearm of that size and caliber. I was very surprised, thought it might be to snappy to enjoy shooting.

7. piston10

piston10 New Member

They shoot great. My wife also liked it, she told me earlier tonight she wanted one. I said ok :)

8. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Niiiiiiiiice.

9. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Oh dude , you made a great choice. I carry my G36 everyday and love it. What kind of holster do you have for it??

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, lilman33981, and WELCOME to the Forum!

The G36 fills a niche (narrow-profile single-stack .45ACP) that contributes to its concealability while remaining in the .45ACP range.

It is not a bad choice. It is, however, limited in aftermarket products because it is the only Glock of its style and size.

Again, WELCOME!

(*Moving thread to Introductions*)

11. piston10

piston10 New Member

She actually told me she wanted 3 new ones, Glock 36, LCR and mark iii, gosh I love this woman!

12. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

As Glock's only single stack magazine system the 36 is a fine shooting pistol. The slim design makes it a very light concealable. Good choice. Good luck with it.

13. Lugwrench

Lugwrench New Member

A G36 is my only Glock,(at this time.) I have really enjoyed it, it shoots great. I have had 0 problems with it.

14. akbluz

akbluz New Member

lilman33981, if your new gun has a big G on the side of the slide you made a very good choice. And the .45acp is a such a great caliber. Enjoy it by exercising it every chance you get.

15. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    I've been thinking getting the gl 29 my 20 isn't easy to conceal. i have nothing against the .45's my brother has gl21 i just don't want the same thing as everyone else. in Columbus everyone has .40 and .45. but would the gl36 be a better concealment gun?

16. lilman33981

lilman33981 New Member

Yes it is very slim and you can't even notice it under your shirt or in your pocket

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Lilman, The 23 is quite nice as well for conceal it is a .40 but I think the entire FBI must like it for more than just the way it shoots.

18. 10mil

10mil Is That a .40....nope its a 10MM!

GA
    when i finish school i plan on going to the fbi but i didn't know they carried 10mils till after i bought mine. and i completely love the way it shoots. but that's the reason why i was gonna go with the gl29 as a concealed but from what I've been reading the gl36 sounds better so now Idk what i want lol

19. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

Welcome from Tampa, Florida !