Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got 8 Glocks and have many 1000's of rounds through them with no troubles at all.
I just got a 34 MOS Gen 5 and jam often. I've shot about 60-70 rounds of cheap 9mm with over 15 jams. This is my first factory so called competition gun should i expect it needs break in or higher ammo quality? Any suggestions would be appreciated as cleaning and lubrication is not helping. I've confirmed no limp wrist, but assume it's me somehow as Glock has never let me down. I've removed the red dot same result.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts
Hi, baron!
I've got 8 Glocks and have many 1000's of rounds through them with no troubles at all.

I just got a 34 MOS Gen 5 and jam often. I've shot about 60-70 rounds of cheap 9mm with over 15 jams. This is my first factory so called competition gun should i expect it needs break in or higher ammo quality? Any suggestions would be appreciated as cleaning and lubrication is not helping. I've confirmed no limp wrist, but assume it's me somehow as Glock has never let me down. I've removed the red dot same result.
Given that's it's a brand new pistol...

I recommend that you try some reasonable quality 124 grain round nose range cartridges to evaluate the 'questionable ammunition' issue.

If the pistols functions as expected, you're 'good to go'.

If the pistol continues to malfunction, contact Glock to initiate a warranty return and repair.

Best regards,

Bob

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Are you tracking the malfunctions against magazines? In other words, are you sure all your malfunctions or not happening with the same magazine? Not saying there can’t be something wrong with the gun, But typically, magazines are the biggest cause for malfunctions, then ammo.

Good luck finding out what the problem is. Once you get it sorted out, I’m sure you will enjoy your new gun

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Need more detail. What kind of jams? Failure to feed, or failure to eject? Double feed? What ammo exactly? Reloads or factory? Does the ammo plunk test in the chamber ok? 10 round or 17 round mags? Full mags or downloaded? The G34 is no different than any other Glock. They do not need break in, however, sometimes the Glocks that use dual recoil springs work better with 124's or 147's to start with.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I finally got to the range and got through three full magazines without a jam. I did upgrade to my reloads and 0 problems, so I'll stay away from the cheap factory junk.
My 40's never cared what I fed them so I tried. I did get a bump on the head from the Holosun 507, I need to use a better locktite this time.
I really appreciate all the help, great group.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased Glock 34, GEN 5, gave it a good cleaning and took it to the range. I fired 6 different brands of ammunition in this order with the following results:
Ammo Incorporate 115gr TMC: Muzzle Velocity (MV) 1128 FPS; Accuracy: Very Good... no problems
GECO 124gr FMJ: MV: 1182 FPS; Accuracy: Good... no problems
AYSM Precision 115gr JHP Match Grade: MV: 1150 FPS; Accuracy: Excellent.. 10/20 Failed to Feed
Wilson Combat 135gr HBFN; MV: 950 FPS; Accuracy: Very Good.... 7/7 Failed to Eject
CCI Blazer 147gr FMJ: MV: 1000 FPS; Accuracy: Outstanding... no problems
Browning BPT 147gr FMJ: MV: 1000 FPS; Accuracy: Outstanding.... no problems
I then fired two 17 round magazines mixed with Ammo Incorporate / GECO / CCI Blazer / Browning. I had no problems shooting these two magazines.
I then fired a magazine with 5 rounds of AYSM and a 5 round magazine of Wilson Combat to ensure the problem was with the ammunition: AYSM 3 of the 5 rounds failed to feed; Wilson Combat 5 of 5 Failed to Eject...
Because these two ammunition are match grade and softer shooting, it may be that I required a lighter spring to fire this type of ammo.
Other than that the accuracy (50 Feet) was excellent and the weapon performed very well. I will purchase another spring, because the accuracy with AYSM Precision was the best of the 6.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently purchased Glock 34, GEN 5, gave it a good cleaning and took it to the range. I fired 6 different brands of ammunition in this order with the following results:
Ammo Incorporate 115gr TMC: Muzzle Velocity (MV) 1128 FPS; Accuracy: Very Good... no problems
GECO 124gr FMJ: MV: 1182 FPS; Accuracy: Good... no problems
AYSM Precision 115gr JHP Match Grade: MV: 1150 FPS; Accuracy: Excellent.. 10/20 Failed to Feed
Wilson Combat 135gr HBFN; MV: 950 FPS; Accuracy: Very Good.... 7/7 Failed to Eject
CCI Blazer 147gr FMJ: MV: 1000 FPS; Accuracy: Outstanding... no problems
Browning BPT 147gr FMJ: MV: 1000 FPS; Accuracy: Outstanding.... no problems
I then fired two 17 round magazines mixed with Ammo Incorporate / GECO / CCI Blazer / Browning. I had no problems shooting these two magazines.
I then fired a magazine with 5 rounds of AYSM and a 5 round magazine of Wilson Combat to ensure the problem was with the ammunition: AYSM 3 of the 5 rounds failed to feed; Wilson Combat 5 of 5 Failed to Eject...
Because these two ammunition are match grade and softer shooting, it may be that I required a lighter spring to fire this type of ammo.
Other than that the accuracy (50 Feet) was excellent and the weapon performed very well. I will purchase another spring, because the accuracy with AYSM Precision was the best of the 6.
Great report! I believe if I BUY a Glock 34 Gen 5, I'll certainly BUY a lighter recoil spring to have on hand.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Bjones, the power floors don't make sense. You had no problems with Ammo Inc (115 going 1,1280fps = 129,720 floor) but the AYSM (115 going 132,500fps = 132,500 floor). That's not a spring problem, that's a grip problem. The GECO (146,570), CCI(147,000) and Browning(147,000) all have the same power floor. Which model chrono were you using?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts