Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a gently used Glock 32 Gen 4 last week at a fair price. Never fired the .357 SIG, but I was really curious.

Holy Mother of God what a round. Read a review of the caliber a few weeks ago. One author wrote “recoil was significant”, and “muzzle flip at least as bad as the .40”.

Nonsense. I’ve carried a 23.4 for years. Sure it “flips” a bit more than 9mm, but it’s not horrible. However, the .357 SIG is awesome. What muzzle flip? Feels like a 9mm NATO +P. Nothing more. And deadly accurate. Don’t care if it costs more; I love it in the 32.

My 32.4 is now my permanent EDC, and I’ll buy another for backup. All these years of shooting and I’ve been denying myself the pleasure of the .357 SIG.

This target was shot while moving laterally and back/forth.

Cheers.
Sky Cloud Plant Grave Grass

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
Bought a gently used Glock 32 Gen 4 last week at a fair price. Never fired the .357 SIG, but I was really curious.

Holy Mother of God what a round. Read a review of the caliber a few weeks ago. One author wrote “recoil was significant”, and “muzzle flip at least as bad as the .40”.

Nonsense. I’ve carried a 23.4 for years. Sure it “flips” a bit more than 9mm, but it’s not horrible. However, the .357 SIG is awesome. What muzzle flip? Feels like a 9mm NATO +P. Nothing more. And deadly accurate. Don’t care if it costs more; I love it in the 32.

My 32.4 is now my permanent EDC, and I’ll buy another for backup. All these years of shooting and I’ve been denying myself the pleasure of the .357 SIG.

Cheers.
View attachment 258533
.357 Sig is my preferred carry round also. Congrats on the 32.4!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
Nice shooting! My first time with 357 sig I was also shooting 10mm for the first time.

My description of muzzle flip was the 10mm was a slow push up - recoil was soft but this force kept a long upward pressure.

The 357 was a fast SNAP. Back on target much faster than 10mm cause everything happened really fast. I wondered how much abuse the gun was taking for recoil to be that quick?

Abuse is easily dealt with by changing springs more often, so not really an issue.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,240 Posts
I've heard they are really loud. THP carry these for duty weapons. I saw one at a pawn shop once. Wanted brand new pricing for it.
I think it’s subjective. I went from a .45 Glock 21 to the Glock 31 & 33 for duty and off duty police guns. The 21 had a gentle push whereas the 31 had a sharp bark but I didn’t really notice a difference compared to the .40.
I went to a shooting competition in the late 2000’s with a bunch of deputies. Evidently they noticed a significant difference in the report and recoil that they asked me what I was shooting? They were all mostly carrying Glock 22 .40’s.
I still have and winter carry the 33. I call it the pocket rocket although I don’t pocket carry.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

I added the trigger a few years back as the factory trigger caused some numbness after range sessions. The new trigger really didn’t fix the issue but it looks cool.😁

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I really like the .357 Sig round also, and mine is also a G22.4 that I got a G31 barrel for. I’ve noticed the extra “snap” when shooting it also, but I’m more accurate with it than when I’m shooting the .40. If I ever get into reloading that’s the 1st round I would reload because the price is what keeps me from shooting that round very often. Having to replace the the RSA more often is a small price to pay since they’re so cheap.

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
I didn’t find the round any louder than the .40, and “muzzle flip” was noticeably less, at least for me.
.357 sig in my perception shooting right handed breaks upward and to the right, naturally falling back on target. The .40 S&W unless in a metal framed pistol, snaps strait up violently. Then in my experience, I have trouble finding the exact point to make an accurate follow up shot. If that makes any sense. In fact the only .40 S&W gun I truly enjoy shooting is the Sig 226 X5.

Air gun Trigger Grey Gun barrel Everyday carry

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I describe the recoil as more of a push back than a flip up.
We've issued the Glock 31 since 2008. I'm still carrying my old gen3 32 which had the frame redone by Polymer Refined. It's the reason I haven't gone to a gen4 yet. We did switch to the gen4 for our duty gun back in 2018.

headed to school with my duty gun, 32 and 45.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
.357 sig in my perception shooting right handed breaks upward and to the right, naturally falling back on target. The .40 S&W unless in a metal framed pistol, snaps strait up violently. Then in my experience, I have trouble finding the exact point to make an accurate follow up shot. If that makes any sense. In fact the only .40 S&W gun I truly enjoy shooting is the Sig 226 X5.

View attachment 258604
Makes sense to me. With my 32.4 I have no sensation of “muzzle flip”.

·
Premium Member
13,882 Posts
I describe the recoil as more of a push back than a flip up.
We've issued the Glock 31 since 2008. I'm still carrying my old gen3 32 which had the frame redone by Polymer Refined. It's the reason I haven't gone to a gen4 yet. We did switch to the gen4 for our duty gun back in 2018.

headed to school with my duty gun, 32 and 45.
I agree with the pushing back. I’m going to change mine to pushes back, & breaks right. Then naturally falls back on target.

·
Registered
4,411 Posts

Cheers.
View attachment 258533
Nice shooting! Congrats on the G32!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts