Glock 30sf or 36

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by JRiddle, Feb 19, 2012.

1. JRiddle

JRiddle New Member

This will be my first glock I know I want it in .45 and I want it for ccw just can't decide on the 30 or the 36 anybody have both and can tell me which one they like better thanks

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum JRiddle !!

My current EDC is a G30 SF. I handled and shot both the G36 and the G30 before deciding on the SF.

I picked it because of the increased number of rounds it held and because it fit great in my hand.

3. JRiddle

JRiddle New Member

Thanks for the info the round count was one of my concerns but so is the thickness of a gun I guess I'm just Gonna have to go with what feels right in my hand

4. jelder

jelder New Member

Go with the 30. I don't have the sf( I have larger hands) by far the best gun I've ever shot/owned! You will not b let down! Post pics when u get either one! And you are picking the best caliber! The ol .45 is a hoss

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Not sure where you are from, but in my neck of the woods ( PA ), Glocks dealers at the ranges I frequent

rent their guns out...and that's how I found out what I liked and what fit my hand best, especially

when firing the weapon.

6. jelder

jelder New Member

Most def. that's how we found out my wife wanted a 19!!

7. JRiddle

JRiddle New Member

Thanks guys I live in the Communist Republic of Maryland so I actually can only carry out of state but when I get the chance to carry I carry a 1911 commander so I'm looking into a glock for something lighter

8. poley4

poley4 New Member

The G36 is the easiest to conceal and the most comfortable for me. Yes, I know it is only 7 rounds, but 7 rounds of .45 is nothing to sneeze at. If a gun isn't comfortable to carry, then you probably won't carry it.

9. Honesty, I own a g36 and have had it for the last 4 years or so, originally for ccw. But after the first year or so it has just collected dust in the safe. Yes its slimmer than other glocks, but not by very much, and that slimmness comes at a price of a six rd mag count. Height and length wise its pretty much the same size as a g19. Sure it has its place, but I have been very seriously pondering a trade-in for the g30, that extra 4 rds for a meer couple milimeters of width sounds pretty tempting to me. Pick em both up and try them on for size, but coming from a 36 owner, Id go for the 30.

10. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

I own a G36. Go with the G30sf. G36 can be a pain for finding aftermarket parts. And why carry a spare mag if you don't have to for about the same price?

Plus, if you want extra mags/rounds for the range, you can use the G21 mags.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2012
  11. Euromax

Euromax New Member

Wright on the target -guys!!

12. Euromax

Euromax New Member

This is 10years old G30! Not one failure! !!

Attached Files:

13. Tillerman

Tillerman New Member

I was pondering about which one to get and today I went and bought a Glock 30sf

14. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I got a G30 and never looked back. I like the few extra rounds and as was stated the G21 mags can be used for range work and what not. If I got a G36 it would totally be a briefcase gun or something to throw in a bag.

15. CCSir

CCSir Well-Known Member Supporter

Ohio
    Well before I decided on my 30sf I went to a range that had both to try out. To me the size difference isn't that big of a deal. The weight was more of the issue with the double stack mags but with the right holster the weight isn't an issue either.

The real difference that I could tell was in the felt recoil. I'm not recoil sensitive but the G36 certainly had more kick to it and I wasn't as accurate on double taps with it as I was with the 30.

Ultimately the choice is yours. I wouldn't feel under gunned with carrying 6+1 or 10+1. The 30sf fit my hand great, shot great, and was what I felt was still controllable for me.

Good luck.:)

Last edited: Mar 17, 2012
  16. rmorri09

rmorri09 New Member

get the 30 sf

yep..no question get the model 30 sf...you will be glad you did. The 36 has no rail and the one i had would stovepipe on cheap ammo and i got rid of it ..the 30 sf never has.....no ..not once in 3000 rounds. GET THE 30sf!!

17. rmorri09

rmorri09 New Member

Model 36 vs 30

Get the 30fs and don't look back!

18. non2k

non2k New Member

19. g30shooter

g30shooter Well-Known Member

As my user name would imply, my advice is a 30SF ... you will forever thank me and the others who have recommended and applaud yourself for the wisdom you will have shown!

20. jaysfordays

jaysfordays New Member