Glock 30

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Gocards88, Jun 23, 2012.

1. I already own the 26,27,33 but really wanting the 30 now should I get it are just be happy with the ones I have ?

2. rickjames

rickjames Hard Work! Dedication! Supporter

Welcome to the forum gocards.
    I have none of them but I'm sure they are all great. Why not add another to the list?

3. Thanks.. Im a new gun maniac as of about 10 weeks and already have 3 glocks a Ruger 380 and 357 but feel like I'm needing a 45 to make my collection complete.. I'm going broke but having so much fun lol

4. Wolfhund10mm

Wolfhund10mm New Member

Just got the 30SF, and I love it! Go get one!

5. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

If you like the subcompact the 30 is the way!! I myself like the full size and am partial to the 21 !! I LOVE HAVING A .45! Welcome to the forum!!

6. rickjames

Do they make the 30sf in gen 4?

7. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Yes they do....

8. rickjames

Really? That is next after my 19
    What .45 do they not make in gen 4?
    I thought I read that somewhere.

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I do not know which one they do not make but I traded my 30sfGen4 for my 21. I just didn't like the subcompact feel. A great gun, just not for me.

10. rickjames

I thought the sf was equivalent to the 23/19 frame?

11. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

No, Shorter more squat, thicker grip for the .45 shells. Didn't work for me.

12. rickjames

Ohh. Well I need a compact .45 then

13. rickjames

They only have a compact .45 gap but no acp......?
    Gap ammo must be more expensive than acp huh. And why is there even a gap round? Please explain. I'm confused now.

14. I'm going next week to put deposit on my new G30 can't wait to get it just wish my in state gun store had one in stock but I was told he sold his 10 he had in last 3 weeks so thanks for everyone twisting my arm I needed a slight push to get another lol

15. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I do know GAP is a LITTLE more expensive. I do not know why they do that. Seems weird to me. I would say go to your LGS and see if you can hold a G30 and see what you think. I went with the G23 because I had a full size .45 and a full size .9mm and the .40 in the G23 was another good caliber to have and I loved the fit in my hand. I am a golfer, and I never took a lesson. I am a gun guy and never got trained. My thing is that if it feels right, I will learn what works best for me. Just me....

16. rickjames

I have a 23 and soon a 19. I would like to conceal all my Glocks, well at least the first three.

17. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

A lot of people in this forum LOVE the G30. It just was not for me. Look through these threads, From Shooter13 on through, a lot of these guys use the G30 as their EDC, Just was not my cup o tea.

18. rickjames

I will definitely look into it.

19. How have you spent enough time here to be a senior member and not have been in enough discussions learn the entire the Glock product range inside and out? G30 is a compact ACP.

20. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Nope, Sub compact .45 ACP