Glock 30

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Wormy, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Wormy

Wormy New Member

Am thinking about purchasing a Glock 30. I have a 26 and 33. What do you think about the 30?
    Wormy!

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I personally own and carry a G30SF everyday...

Love it !!

[​IMG]

3. you cannot go wrong with any glock, the G30 is no exception. Wish I had one.

4. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Fun as hell to shoot, as accurate as you can get, easy to conceal...no reason to pass this one up at all.

5. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

Here is a customer of mine's G30SF and I was putting holes inside of holes with it at 10 yards. I love the 30 and the 21.

[​IMG]

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

I like my G30sf a lot!
    It is just a smidgen bigger then the G26 and G33, but instead of ten 9mm or nine .357, you get ten .45ACP-- seems fair to me. :)

Last edited: Apr 23, 2012
  7. Have a 30SF. Carry it. Shoot it. Love it. You will too.

8. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

The G30 is my all time favorite Glock. I own one and it is my primary carry weapon of choice. Great shooting you can't go wrong with it.

9. Had a G30, miss it to this day; hope to get another.

10. I've owned 5 other Glock pistols(G19, 20 and 29 at the same time, G22 and a G26) before I picked up the G30 on Wednesday and I'm 100% sure the only reason I got rid of the others was because of caliber. I'm just a 45acp kind of guy, I really like this little gun. It's compact, VERY accurate, recoil isn't bad at all out of a 45acp that's this small and it's "Glock Simple" so it's easy to work on and get all manner of parts for. 10+1 rounds of 45acp works fine for Home Defense too. Once I get the LWD barrel installed so I can shoot my cast lead bullet handloads without worry it'll be Perfect.
    Personally, I'd get the G30, you just can't go wrong.

11. ADulay

ADulay New Member

The G30 is my daily carry gun.
    It has worked perfectly from Day 1, right out of the box.

Over 5000 rounds through it now and still shooting perfectly.

It is stone stock.

AD

12. Blades

Blades Senior Member

What holster do you use for your G30?

13. ADulay

ADulay New Member

Fobus GL4.

I also have a Fobus for the H&K .40 and the Walther PPK.

I do NOT carry IWB as I find it uncomfortable and slower to draw.

Yes, I've timed it/videoed it and pretty much beat it to death and drawing from true concealment from IWB is much slower than from OWB and cover. (At least for me!)

I do have a new Galco OWB for the G30 on backorder that I'll be testing soon.

AD (and that's why I use the Fobus and not my Crossbreed)

Last edited: Jun 23, 2012
  14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Cant go wrong the 30 :) its my fav glock.

Attached Files:

15. c_conner17

c_conner17 New Member

Definitly my gun of choice very accurate

image-1097736938.jpg

16. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum c_connor!! . Maybe you could do a little intro. in our intro. section? Enjoy the forum!

17. robert909

robert909 New Member

One more vote g30

ForumRunner_20120708_172948.jpg

18. Dan75719

Dan75719 New Member

This may be a dumb question but what is the difference between a 30 and a 30sf?

19. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

"SF" stands for "short frame" which means the grip is smaller/shorter. The SF models were pre-Gen 4 which now have interchangeable back straps to customize grip size.

By "shorter" Glock means the measurement from the front strap to the back strap. The thickness of the grip (as you are looking at it while shooting) is the same between SF and non-SF models.

SF models were offered in the larger/longer caliber Glocks: 20, 21 and 30, for sure. I don't know about 31?

20. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Very nice! Is that white paint?? How'd you do that, AA?