Glock 30 with white lettering and polished barrel

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Glocked, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Glocked

Glocked New Member

I whitened all the engraving on my G30 and 3 magazines. I also polished the entire barrel and feed ramp. It looks sweet. If anyone is interested in the whole procedure just let me know. Props to the guys in jkurtz post from earlier today for encouraging this. It made for an enjoyable Saturday for sure.,,

image-4231205269.jpg

image-2544878212.jpg

2. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Attached Files:

3. Glocked

Glocked New Member

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

No i bought the aluminum extended mag release. Heres my barrel, done all by hand.

Attached Files:

5. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Looks very nice. I polished my slide stop/release and slide lock lever. I also added a stainless recoil assembly, and put grips on the handle and mag extensions.

image-1255474293.jpg

image-914679405.jpg

image-3484602079.jpg

6. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

I've given thought to doing my barrel, but its going to be one of my two EDCs when my permit comes in, and not sure I want the shine of the barrel giving it or me away in night time if I need the cover of dark.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Gentlemen,

Thank you for sharing your personalizations with us, but these more properly belong in the thread "Painted Letter Thread Let's See Them".

Please continue to post your pictures, in the other thread so that all Members can have a chance to see them.

Cheers!

8. bophi

bophi New Member

did you know that polishing takes away metal. (looser fit). if one polishes the feed ramp be carefull and DONOT remove any metal or change the ANGLE.the bullet does not slide up the ramp, it only bounces off of it.it does not need to be like a mirrow, mine work perfect and i have NEVER polish any feed ramp. and i have 7 different mfg's.

9. looks great man!

10. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

I didnt and dont plan to polish the feed ramp in my glock just the barrel.

11. JPochron

JPochron New Member

I tried using black nail polish on my polished slide today and even though I let it set up a few minutes, all the polish comes off. It worked fine on my magazine but not the slide and the longer I let it sit the harder it is to remove the residue. Any suggestions or ideas how to correct my method.

Thanks,

Joe

12. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Try a different kind of paint. Perhaps automotive touch up paint to adhere to the steel.

13. JPochron

JPochron New Member

Ok thanks I'll try that.

Joe