Glock Firearms banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I whitened all the engraving on my G30 and 3 magazines. I also polished the entire barrel and feed ramp. It looks sweet. If anyone is interested in the whole procedure just let me know. Props to the guys in jkurtz post from earlier today for encouraging this. It made for an enjoyable Saturday for sure.,,

image-4231205269.jpg

image-2544878212.jpg

Attachments

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
I've given thought to doing my barrel, but its going to be one of my two EDCs when my permit comes in, and not sure I want the shine of the barrel giving it or me away in night time if I need the cover of dark.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Gentlemen,

Thank you for sharing your personalizations with us, but these more properly belong in the thread "Painted Letter Thread Let's See Them".

Please continue to post your pictures, in the other thread so that all Members can have a chance to see them.

Cheers!

·
Registered
29 Posts
http://www.glockforum.com/forum/f16/painted-letter-thread-lets-see-them-837/

Heres mine. Like the polished barrel. Been thinking about doing it.
did you know that polishing takes away metal. (looser fit). if one polishes the feed ramp be carefull and DONOT remove any metal or change the ANGLE.the bullet does not slide up the ramp, it only bounces off of it.it does not need to be like a mirrow, mine work perfect and i have NEVER polish any feed ramp. and i have 7 different mfg's.

·
Lead Farmer
2,882 Posts
bophi said:
did you know that polishing takes away metal. (looser fit). if one polishes the feed ramp be carefull and DONOT remove any metal or change the ANGLE.the bullet does not slide up the ramp, it only bounces off of it.it does not need to be like a mirrow, mine work perfect and i have NEVER polish any feed ramp. and i have 7 different mfg's.
I didnt and dont plan to polish the feed ramp in my glock just the barrel.

·
Registered
109 Posts
jkurtz said:
looks great man!
I tried using black nail polish on my polished slide today and even though I let it set up a few minutes, all the polish comes off. It worked fine on my magazine but not the slide and the longer I let it sit the harder it is to remove the residue. Any suggestions or ideas how to correct my method.

Thanks,

Joe

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
JPochron said:
I tried using black nail polish on my polished slide today and even though I let it set up a few minutes, all the polish comes off. It worked fine on my magazine but not the slide and the longer I let it sit the harder it is to remove the residue. Any suggestions or ideas how to correct my method.

Thanks,

Joe
Try a different kind of paint. Perhaps automotive touch up paint to adhere to the steel.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts