Glock 30 SF Size Question

Discussion in 'Holsters and Cases' started by skiluvr03, May 22, 2012.

1. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

Hello, I have been shopping for an O.C. holster since OK will be OC Nov 1 (if you have CCW permit) and none of the holster catalogs has the 30 SF as a size option. My IWB is a CB Supertuck, so it was custom made. Which other Glock pistol is the one I use for a size reference, the 26? Thanks, Ski

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum skiluvr03 !!

I'm sorry...I don't understand the question !

3. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

I'm sorry. When you pick out a holster, it has a list of the guns that will fit it; Glock 30 SF is never listed, so is there another Glock that is real close to the Glock 30 that I can use to determine which holster will fit? I hope I explained it better.

4. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

BTW, I forgot to say thank you for the Welcome :)

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

A Glock 30SF will fit in a Glock 30 holster...the SF is only a few millimeters difference.

Other than that...no other Glock that I know of has the same dimensions as the G30 / G30SF.

This link will take you to a page where you can look at all the specs on all the Glocks...

http://www.glock.com/english/index_contact.htm

6. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Welcome to the forum "skiluvr03"!

A G26 will be too small. Do they list a G29 holster? Maybe a G21 if it has an open bottom. Where are you looking? Did you check MikeP's website? http://defensiveholsters.com/

7. Devinh2

Devinh2 Guest

Check out the vendors in this forum. There are at least two that I know of that can make you one if they don't already have one in stock.

8. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

No, first I heard of Mike P's web site as I just joined, but I will definitely check it out! I will also look at that link for the dimensions. I think I usually see the 29 listed. I usually thank each of you individually for the info, but I'm on my phone and cant scroll back to see who said what, lol. Thanks for all the replies! Gotta hit the hay now, will touch base with you guys tomorrow

9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

The 29 has the same dimensions.

10. A G30 (or G30SF) will fit in a holster made for a G21 (or G21SF).

11. bware

bware New Member

I have a 20,21,29,and 30 all sf frames. Any holster for the 29 or 30 will work. The 21 holster will not work because of the trigger guard area. At least not with my kydex holsters

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum bware. I hope you enjoy yourself here.

13. MississippiGlock

MississippiGlock New Member

29/30 would be the same. A holster for a 21 is hit or miss mostly because of barrel length. Same reason a 26 won't always fit in holster for a 17, even though most of the gun is the same.

Bottom line you need a holster for a 29/30. Have you tried fobus?

14. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

Actually, I've been really liking the looks of some of the fobus holsters; I have a couple if them circled in my catalog to do more research on.

15. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

From one okie to another, welcome!!! As an officer here in Oklahoma I open carry and conceal carry every day. For open carry I recommend a Blackhawk SERPA 2 holster or a custom molded kydex holster with adjustable retention/tension.

I am not a fan of the Fobus holsters. They're made of cheap plastic. Kydex is more durable and won't remove the finish from your slide as fast as a Fobus will. For a few bucks more you can upgrade to a Blackhawk.

16. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

Thank you for the welcome! It's always good to see a brother Okie. I have a lot of Officers around me, but they are Military; I'm guessing you are a LEO. Thanks for the information on Fobus; I thought they were kydex, but i was wondering why they were so cheap. I will definitely follow your advice and check out the Serpa. Thanks again!

17. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum skiluvr03! I hope you enjoy yourself here.

18. MississippiGlock

MississippiGlock New Member

I don't have any experience with fobus, only that I haven't been able to locate a Blackhawk serpa for my 29, as I too prefer the Blackhawk. But I am certain that fobus makes a holster for 29/30

19. skiluvr03

skiluvr03 New Member

Thank you very much!

Thanks for your reply Mississippiglock; not only do I have to find one for the size of my Glock,.some holsters say right handed only I'm a lefty, LOL

20. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I'm a southpaw also and I usually don't have too difficult a time finding holsters I need. www.gtdist.com has a good selection and so does www.lapolicegear.com. If you're in the OKC metro Special Ops and H&H are good sources also.