Glock 30 jams.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by ash1012, Apr 18, 2012.

1. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Went to the range today and rented the glock 30. I shoot 50 rds through it and it Jamed 3 times. Anyone else have any problems with the G30 jamming. I really want this to be my next buy but not if it jams.

2. chadsaalfrank

chadsaalfrank New Member

I have had mine 10-11 years and I have NEVER had a jam. Sorry to hear the issues, but trust I've never had an issue.

3. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Range rental guns are often poorly maintained, and often the ammo they give you to use is pretty poor quality.

Of the problems I've heard of with the G30, sometimes they'll fail to feed with certain JHP's and not others. Most G30's don't have that problem though. And the only other problem, as with any Glock, is that there's a small chance of getting an out-of-spec extractor that doesn't move freely enough which can lead to feeding and ejection problems.

With the G30SF, there were a good number of people who experienced a failure to return to battery problem where part of the trigger bar was rubbing on the slide, and in some cases even the ejector was rubbing on the bottom of the slide. I've seen two G21SF's that had this problem as well. It's thought that the cause is the rear frame rails being mounted too low in the frame. In some cases people sent the gun back to Glock and it was replaced with a new one, in other cases the latest 4256-1- trigger bar fixed the problem. Some people polished the point on the trigger bar that was rubbing on the slide until the rub mark stopped appearing after a range session, and the problem was fixed. The characteristic symptom of this problem, whether the gun is loaded or unloaded, is that when the trigger is held to the rear and the slide is cycled, the slide will hesitate or fail to return fully forward.
    Here's the area where the rub mark may appear:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  4. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

So it could have been the trigger bar, extractor or port a cleaning problem. But most problems occur in the SF version?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2012
  5. elmerfudge

elmerfudge New Member

Most ranges clean their rentals about as often as my wife takes her car to the car wash.

6. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I have had one of my G30's (Also my most used Glock) for 14 yrs. Got it as soon as it came out. It has never jammed on me. I am not a clean freak with it either. Most times after the range I wipe the breach out and leave it at that then every once in a while I will give it a good cleaning! One of the things I love about these guns is their reliability!

7. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Very true about range cleaning! My range told me they literally never clean the guns. Unless they start malfunctioning. A Glock is a Glock but after 10000 rounds I'm pretty sure it can jam with enough buildup. Or worn parts that haven't been replaced

8. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Mine never jammed on me. I wouldn't trust range guns

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Do not judge a weapon by a range gun, they are poorly maintained and not taking good care of, and they are cleaned next to NEVER.

I own a G30 and it has never had any sort of hiccup as of this date, a G30SF is an excellent choice!

10. Nobody has mentioned maybe some limp wristing? The ranges I have experience with take very good care of their rentals.

11. photogmack

photogmack New Member

I'll say it: are you limp wristing? Usually that brings more jams than 3 per 50 though. It is a possibility.

12. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Everyone on here that has one swears by the G30, I'd say either bad rental gun or maybe limp wristing. The 30 has a HELL of a kick to it, not bad but it punches back so you're grip has to be good on it.

13. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

The small size of the 30 is prone to limp wristing. Trying to manage recoil in a small frame .45 is a challenge for anyone with small-average size hands.

14. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

I traded for mine. It was lightly used. I inspected it and it was good as new. He probably shot it once. Needless to say, mine has been 100% reliable. As are all of my other Glocks.

I keep mine stock. I never make a modification to the function. I do get night sights, though.

15. mauro3005

mauro3005 New Member

Smart man! Your Glock should be kept stock if you want the Glock solid reliability! They are pretty perfect for a service pistol stock. Modifications are for race guns where your life doesn't necessarily have to depend on!

16. Blades

Blades Senior Member

Jam how? Lock open, double feed? Just wondering.

17. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I have 2 glock, the 23 and the 35. Both have been flawless. I have a 1911 commander size that I shoot all the time and don't have any jams. I promise it's not limp Wrist. But from the looks of things it was just a dirty range gun. I'm going to take some cleaner to range next time and see if they will let me clean it a Lil bit before shooting.

18. Blades

Blades Senior Member

So it probably wasn't limp wristing. :)
    Make sure your thumb isn't bumping the slide lock.

19. scrubber3

scrubber3 New Member

What kind of ammo?

20. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

Failure to feeds