Glock Firearms banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
There is no ge4 g30 only 2.5gen n 3rdgen...i have the gen3 no sf, its my CC. Its great small .45 with 10/13 rnd mags. I love it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
iGlock said:
There is no ge4 g30 only 2.5gen n 3rdgen...i have the gen3 no sf, its my CC. Its great small .45 with 10/13 rnd mags. I love it.
Awesome! I really want one. Was looking into the XDM 45 but when I got my wife her glock 26 yesterday I just gotta get one now!
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
LaiePoi said:
Awesome! I really want one. Was looking into the XDM 45 but when I got my wife her glock 26 yesterday I just gotta get one now!
The g30 is a bit bigger than the g26 but its smaller than the g21. The xdm 45 is a great gun too. Wish they made a smaller virsion then the compact.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
The problem with the XD's is safety's. Though I guess that is everyone but Glock.

And the grip safety is the stupidest idea ever.
 

·
Lead Farmer
Joined
·
2,882 Posts
nukinfuts29 said:
The problem with the XD's is safety's. Though I guess that is everyone but Glock.

And the grip safety is the stupidest idea ever.
Yea the grip safty is a little too much. But thats just me.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
The problem is that the grip safety's design works on the assumption that every real life scenario afford you an adequate grip to fire the weapon. We all know that this isn't Hollywood and that combat situations aren't always pretty.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iGlock said:
The g30 is a bit bigger than the g26 but its smaller than the g21. The xdm 45 is a great gun too. Wish they made a smaller virsion then the compact.
Yes, I watched a comparison vid by hicock45 on YouTube. Great vid. Barrel is wider on the g30 than the g26/XDM 45 compact. Wouldn't bother me tho. It prob helps with recoil management too. One thing that makes me lean more towards the g30 over the XDM compact is the fact that there is a glockmeister store about 20 mins from me so I could easily go there and get anything fixed or add ons installed (free!) whereas I may have to either send an XDM into Springfield or pay a gunsmith to help with any problems/installs. Glocks are so much more customizable and have way more after market products available for it. I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed either way as the both a fine weapons from the research I've done.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
The problem is that the grip safety's design works on the assumption that every real life scenario afford you an adequate grip to fire the weapon. We all know that this isn't Hollywood and that combat situations aren't always pretty.
I have the xdm 9mm and the grip safety doesn't bother me at all, tho I do see your point here.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
I have the xdm 9mm and the grip safety doesn't bother me at all, tho I do see your point here.
At the range it is all well and fine for the most part. When the xdm first hit the market my old boss (good friend) and two coworkers sold their glocks and bought one. To be fair to the boss he has a lot of Glocks, I wasn't annoyed by his treason.

Anyway there was plenty of times at the range and during classes that they would have FTF issues due to the grip safety. Some of it was shooter error like limp wristing or weak grip, but some of it wasn't.

I put about 300 rounds through my boss's xdm and counted 3 FTF's that had nothing to do with me. IMO 3 FTF out of 3,000 would be 3 too many.

The idiot coworker still has his, the retard coworker with some common sense now has a XD Custom .40S&W (I don't like safetys, but I won't knock that gun she is SMOOOOOTH) and the boss is back to Glocks.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
nukinfuts29 said:
At the range it is all well and fine for the most part. When the xdm first hit the market my old boss (good friend) and two coworkers sold their glocks and bought one. To be fair to the boss he has a lot of Glocks, I wasn't annoyed by his treason.

Anyway there was plenty of times at the range and during classes that they would have FTF issues due to the grip safety. Some of it was shooter error like limp wristing or weak grip, but some of it wasn't.

I put about 300 rounds through my boss's xdm and counted 3 FTF's that had nothing to do with me. IMO 3 FTF out of 3,000 would be 3 too many.

The idiot coworker still has his, the retard coworker with some common sense now has a XD Custom .40S&W (I don't like safetys, but I won't knock that gun she is SMOOOOOTH) and the boss is back to Glocks.
Interesting. So did you attribute the 3 FTF to the grip safety or the gun in general?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,653 Posts
To me, a grip safety is just another way for dirt and crud to get into a gun. Being I carry OD, I don't care if there's a million-in one chance of it happening. I don't want to have a "what if" with anything I'm carrying.

I also like the idea when I raise my weapon, the barrel of my Glock is running right along the top of my hand. The XD seems a little higher and it feels like it gives me more muzzle lift. Kind of like the higher barrel wants the gun to roll up and back instead of straight back.

Hey, it took me a lot of years to gravitate to a Glock. It's simplicity is the genius of it's design. And that simplicity equates to reliability.

I'm quite sure the XD is a fine gun, but to me, it's just an attempt to fix something that isn't broke.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,947 Posts
LaiePoi said:
Interesting. So did you attribute the 3 FTF to the grip safety or the gun in general?
The safety, and I'm not basing this on anything more then personal experience, but the FTF were a failure of the trigger to engage with all other safetys off. I never had any issues with the others in the XD lineup.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top