Glock Firearms banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for a
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been wanting a 10mm for some time now. I know there are conversion barrels out there but everything I've read says that some fitting by a gunsmith would be required. Its best to get a complete Glock 29 Slide to use on a G30. Will this work on the SF frame as well? Everything I've read says yes on the G30, what about the SF?

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The 30 and 30SF are the same except for the size of the grip.
I'm pretty excited. I just purchased a complete 29 slide to use on my 30sf. Now i need to buy 29 mags and i should be good. Thanks for quick response. I kinda knew that it would be ok but its good to hear from other Glocksters.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
It would be less expensive to find a used 29. By the time you purchase a slide and barrel and several magazines, you've just purchased another gun. I traded a LC9 with a crimson trace laser straight up for my 29. Give everything time to settle down and you should be able to find a 29 for $350 to $400.

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It would be less expensive to find a used 29. By the time you purchase a slide and barrel and several magazines, you've just purchased another gun. I traded a LC9 with a crimson trace laser straight up for my 29. Give everything time to settle down and you should be able to find a 29 for $350 to $400.
You might be right but, "what if"? Things tend to not reverse or decrease in price after a extended time of increase. Maybe im just impatient or paranoid??? LOL. Thanks

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Lucian_253 said:
How about a conversion barrel and some 10mm mags.
I also think this would be the best option.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Glocks are like Fords and Chevys. They've made a ton of them over the years and when things calm down folks will surface and begin selling them again. Right now everyone is either holding out for the big bucks or holding them just in case. You are already starting to see the prices for new guns starting to drop and people are finally starting to find guns back in the stores. Give it till summer.

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's why I love this forum. Members on here give genuine and honest opinions. Unfortunately for me I already went the complete slide route. But I'm guessing eventually I will sell it and get a G29. Thanks and safe shooting to all.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
OTGLOCK said:
That's why I love this forum. Members on here give genuine and honest opinions. Unfortunately for me I already went the complete slide route. But I'm guessing eventually I will sell it and get a G29. Thanks and safe shooting to all.
When you get it to the range make sure to give us a report :)

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Keep us posted. I agree with your comments on the forum. Everyone seems to come from differing directions sometimes, but it enables us to make educated decisions. I'm amazed the amount of information I've acquired here in the short time I've been a member. Let me know if you need a good source for inexpensive 19 magazines.

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Okay so I just got my Complete G29 slide (minus recoil spring) in the mail today. My plans were to share the spring. I went to slide it on the SF frame but the recoil spring from my 30 will not go on the 29 slide. It will not push through the front hole on the 29 slide. They look the same size port. My research showed me that they share the same spring. But it seems a hair (non visible to the eye) keeps it from going on properly. It's definitely not a Gen 4 G29 slide, it needs to be refinished. My G30SF is a Gen 3. What now??? Is there a difference between Gens 1-3 G29/G30 recoil springs? (top 29, bottom 30)

Attachments

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
OTGLOCK said:
Okay so I just got my Complete G29 slide (minus recoil spring) in the mail today. My plans were to share the spring. I went to slide it on the SF frame but the recoil spring from my 30 will not go on the 29 slide. It will not push through the front hole on the 29 slide. They look the same size port. My research showed me that they share the same spring. But it seems a hair (non visible to the eye) keeps it from going on properly. It's definitely not a Gen 4 G29 slide, it needs to be refinished. My G30SF is a Gen 3. What now??? Is there a difference between Gens 1-3 G29/G30 recoil springs? (top 29, bottom 30)
You are correct that the 29 and 30 use the same RAS. It should have the numbers 0-9-1 and be black, including gen 4's. It's part number SP 08063 in my armorers parts book.

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here she is. Gen 2.5 G29 on a Gen 3 G30SF frame. It's like having 2 in 1. Can't wait till getting it to the range this weekend. Hopefully I'll find some 10mm ammo, never had to buy it before. If she shoots as sweet as the 30, I'll be a happy Moglocker.

Attachments

·
1,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
When you get it to the range make sure to give us a report :)
Ok. Just got back from the range. The Gen 2.5 29 slide on the Gen 3 G30SF frame worked like a dream. 200 rounds through it, was flawless. May I add it was very accurate. I had full magazine unload groups within 6". Now I have options with my SF frame. For EDC I can carry the .45 set-up and if necessary I can slide on the 10mm for a zombie apocalypse (lol) or Gator protection when fishing in the Everglades swamps. Thanks for everyone's input in my 29/30sf mutant adventures. I'm very pleased and glad to be part of this very helpful community.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts