Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just bought a 3rd gen Glock 27. I've read that I could change the barrel to a 9mm to save money on practice shooting. Can I do this? If so, can I just buy a Glock 26 barrel and mag for my 27 frame to shoot 9mm rounds?

Thanks!

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,232 Posts
Welcome aboard from North Texas!

No you can’t just run a regular 26 barrel. It has to be a conversion barrel from .40 to 9. Slides are different and ejector.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome aboard from North Texas!

No you can’t just run a regular 26 barrel. It has to be a conversion barrel from .40 to 9. Slides are different and ejector.
Thanks! What's the difference between say a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and a stock Glock 9mm barrel out of a 26 frame? They look identical.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
42,232 Posts
Thanks! What's the difference between say a Lone Wolf 9mm barrel and a stock Glock 9mm barrel out of a 26 frame? They look identical.
You can’t simply drop a 9mm barrel into a 40 S&W handgun. The outside diameter of the barrel won’t be the right size and your barrel won’t lock up properly.

·
Registered
984 Posts
No need to change ejector, or extractor. I have a LW barrel I bought a couple of years ago. Never had a jam, and I have shot a whole bunch of ammo of all kinds through it. You don't need to swap recoil spring assemblies either.

A G23 40 to 9 barrel will fit if you want an "extended" barrel. The lug is in the same place.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Here's what he forgot to mention. In a Gen3 no need to get a different RSA to run 9mm. HOWEVER in a Gen4 a 9mm RSA is a requirement. This would be for the G4 22, and 23. 27 of either flavor (3 or 4) do not require a swap.

I missed out on the cheap LWD conversion barrels for the G22 when they were blowing out the Dasan made barrels. I do have a 6.36" conversion barrel that fits my G23, or the G27. Nice thing I like about using the conversion barrel in the 27 is it is heavier than a G26 barrel for getting back on target.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts