Glock 27, Generation "2.5"

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Patches, May 7, 2012.

1. Patches

Patches New Member

I recently purchased a Glock 27 and the fellow I bought it from said it is a generation "2.5" in that it has the finger grooves on the front but they are not serrated. Does anybody know anything about this variation, such as when they were made and how many? Also any collectors value? Serial # on this one is BVGxxxxUS. Any thoughts/comments are welome!
    Thanks

2. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Congrats and welcome!

I have no idea how many were made, but those were made before the transition to the Gen3 on the bigger guns. Based on the info I have, yours was built in April of '96.

Glock doesn't always apply their serial number prefixes in order, for instance BVV was on G22s made in February of '96, so it's difficult to come up with even a rough estimate of total numbers.

3. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

I have the same. Great peice. Don't know value. But I put the talon grip on it and will never let this beast go. If for some reason IL gets CC this will be my EDC. And won't be afraid to scuff it up because I bought it with holster marks.

4. Hurricane460

Hurricane460 Glock Doc..

Some of the earliest G-26 & G-27s had smooth fingergrooves, without checkering in-between the grooves. Thus the 2.5 Generation.When Glock was putting fingergrooves but no accessory rail, then you have a 2.5 Generation. This was done on the 26,27,28,29,30,33,36.