Glock 26

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by digital0ne, Mar 2, 2012.

1. digital0ne

digital0ne New Member

Hello from Oregon! Just purchased my first gun today, picked the G26. I work as a Paramedic and found out how much crap goes on. If you think the news is scary, get on a medic for a while. So looking forward to having it as a CC everyday (except I can't take it on the ambulance, so thanks to the law guys out there who have my back.)

-digi

2. bfish

bfish Member

Welcome to the forum its nice to have more people out carrying for the protection of us all! Hope you love your 26! Happy shooting:)

3. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, DigitalOne, and WELCOME to the Forum!

Congratulations on your G26...did you get a Gen3 or a Gen4? I, too, carry a G26, Gen3 though. Excellent firearm!

Again, Welcome!

4. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Hello.. Congratz to ur new G26!

5. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

Welcome & def congrats on you choice of g26 8)

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

7. digital0ne

digital0ne New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I went with the Gen 3 for cost reason. Went out and put 140 rounds down range today, felt better then I had expected with the shorter grip. I was also considering a Ruger LCP .380 and go to fire that today as well. Let's just say I'm glad I went with the Glock. Still deciding where my new shooting hobby will go, but I'm off to a good start. Researching ammo for good, cheaper brands for practice (already got some premuim "zombie" ammo for the personal protection.) Anyone have any selections? Cabela's is selling 500 rounds of American Eagle for $130. Good deal? Or stick with the PMC I get by the 50 from the local shop. More worried about quality then cost. I'll keep searching around here, but haven't found a definitive front runner so far

Off to work tomorrow. 48 hours with no G26. I know I went years with out it, but even after a short amount of time, finding it hard to go without.

Stay safe

-digi

8. Kmurray96

Kmurray96 Well-Known Member Supporter

Can't beat Winchester white box FMJ for quality range ammo. Price is good, too.

9. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

G26 is an excellent choice. Pick up a couple 17-round G17 mags for reloads, a couple good holsters, take a few classes and practice, practice practice!

500 for $130 is $13/brick, and that's about $2-$3 more than I'm willing to pay for range-only ammo. But, $9-$11 is the going rate for cheap 9mm bricks in my area, YMMV.

For carry, are you talking about Hornady's Zombie Max? I'm sure it will work fine, but I have a tough time carrying defensive ammo where the manufacturer states:

(Emphasis mine)

I like 124gr +P Speer Gold Dot. Hornady Critical Defense is also good, as are several other modern JHP loads.

10. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Don't you just hate it when that happens?! :D

11. digital0ne

digital0ne New Member

I haven't been able to find anything this cheap. Even the cheaply stuff is $13-$14 at the local shops.

And the zombie rounds should be a good laugh either way. $14 on sale so not too bad.

Any online sites I should check out?

12. bfish

bfish Member

I don't know how your Walmart is but here I can get amo cheaper than online by the time its shipped! For me here the federal practice amo is even cheaper than the winchester white box by a few dollars so I would check there for sure

13. rivalarrival

rivalarrival Are we there yet?

http://www.ammoman.com/c/16/9mm-luger

16 bricks of Wolf 115gr FMJ for $179, shipped = 11.19/brick
    20 bricks of S&B 115gr FMJ for $229, shipped = 11.45/brick
    20 bricks of Speer Lawman 115gr FMJ for $249, 124gr FMJ for $269, shipped = 12.45 or 13.45/brick

http://www.bulkammo.com
    20 bricks of S&B 115gr FMJ for $199 + ~$20 shipping = $219 = $10.95/brick
    20 bricks of Tulammo 115gr FMJ for $185 + ~$20 shipping = $205 = $10.25/brick
    20 bricks of Blazer Brass 124gr FMJ for $$209 + ~20 shipping = $229 = 11.45/brick

They've each got several other brands as well. I'd stick with regular, boxer-primed brass cases rather than the berdan primed Wolf or Tulammo, especially if the going rate is $13-$14 in your area. If/when you decide to reload, you'll be able to save $3-5 dollars a brick over local prices.

Don't get me wrong, I'd buy and shoot a few bricks of Zombie Max, it just doesn't give me the warm fuzzy feeling in my carry mags that I get from GDHP, Critical Defense, TAP FPD, or any of a number of other modern JHP rounds from a variety of manufacturers.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  14. digital0ne

digital0ne New Member

Rivalarrival, thanks or all the help. I'll let you know how it all goes. And thank again to everyone else as well for the warm welcome.

-digi

15. arcticpilot

arcticpilot New Member

Try g2 research quite expensive but you get what you pay for. For home and personnel defense.
    http://g2rammo.com/

16. Easy_CZ

Easy_CZ Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I too EDC a G26. I carry mine with a G19 mag and a G17 mag for reload.

Your range ammo sounds fine. WWB, Federal, Speer, Remington, CCI, Bellot, PMC, it's all good.

Welcome to the forum!

17. ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1463343077.495359.jpg
    Just my .02 cents, don't waste money on that overhyped, underperforming G2 RIP ammo!! Enjoy your day!!

18. smart015

smart015 New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Now it's time to look at getting a G23 .40 cal and find a Blue Label dealer. You qualify being a paramedic. I can get a G 23 for about $453.00 out the door.

19. PRMax

PRMax Member

Florida
    Where are you getting your Glock at Blue Label prices in the Tampa Bay area. Looking to buy a G26 in the next couple of months. Retired military. Thanks.

Note: You can PM me the info.

20. blackhorse2010

blackhorse2010 New Member

welcome aboard!

Attached Files: