Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Different guns and accessories work better or different people. This is just my two cents, hope it helps some.

I currently carry IWB a g26 with Pearce grip extensions. Often some argue that people using PG extensions might as well get a g19. They say you lose the advantage of the concealment. However, side by side, even with the PG grips, the g26 is still smaller. Every fraction of an inch helps. Loaded, a g19 holds 15 compared to a g26 10. Those extra 5 rounds just add unwanted weight when CCing. Some argue that you should adapt to shooting the g26 with a two fingered grip. And I can shoot it pretty well with the pinky tucked under. The issue is getting a good grip while drawing from my holster without the PG grips. With the PG grips I feel a lot more confident with my weapon.

Everyone has there own opinion, what are your thoughts?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I think it depends on your size and body type. I'm 5'9" 160 lbs and found my old G19 a bit much for CC and therefore made the switch to my current G26. The difference in terms of CC has been quite significant for me personally. I've noticed bigger people don't have nearly the difficulty concealing the G19 like I did.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Welcome to the forum Glockologist! Enjoy!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
I don't think size really has much to do with it. I'm just under 5'10" and I carry my 19 now,. I used to carry a 26 for years. The holster can make all the difference. I use a hybrid holster and it keeps my 19 close to my body and at the prefect angle. I think whether a person is 5'9" or 6'9" it depends on how they dress and how they carry (type of holster and position)

·
Registered
91 Posts
GastonGlock said:
I don't think size really has much to do with it. I'm just under 5'10" and I carry my 19 now,. I used to carry a 26 for years. The holster can make all the difference. I use a hybrid holster and it keeps my 19 close to my body and at the prefect angle. I think whether a person is 5'9" or 6'9" it depends on how they dress and how they carry (type of holster and position)
I agree with you as far as holster type and clothing go but as glockologist said those extra rounds in the G19 do indeed make a difference in terms of weight. On its face 5 rounds doesn't sound like a whole lot but I certainly felt the difference. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
232 Posts
If it was only weight, you can only load ten rounds in a G19 mag. I here what your saying about every little bit helps though. Looking at numbers it doesn't seem like much, but a big difference when wearing it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I find the 23 which is the same size (I'm sure most of you know that) is super easy in the winter months and fall and spring but I've been having some issues these last 2 months or so :( might be buying a kahr cm soon for summer and a kel tec 380 for pocket carry year round as a bug but I think I'm starting to ramble

·
Registered
91 Posts
Definitely, even small differences in the guns size makes a big difference when carrying. Even tho I carry a 19 the 26 was easier to conceal no matter what cause anyway you cut it it's a smaller gun

·
Registered
105 Posts
Love them both. Got the 26 to be my edc, then picked up the 19 for hd. I'm thinking in the colder months I may see how I like the 19 for owb edc.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
I think you should carry whatever you shoot the best with. I had a S&W 642 Airweight with DeSantis Clip Grips that was a pure joy to carry IWB with those grips but I couldn't hit squat with it so I sold it and picked up a Walther PK380 and I could cut 1"/7yrd groups with it all day long. Even though I'd say it wasn't as easy to carry it still wasn't bad and I could actually hit what I was aiming at with it.
Currently I only have one gun, my G30 and it's not too bad to carry with the IWB holster I have and a lose T-Shirt or untucked Button Up Shirt.
Holster selection and clothes make all the difference for EDC/CCW.
Find the gun you shoot well then work your clothes/holster combo around it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Had a 19 along with My 26 and decided the 26 was for me . Could shoot the 26 better and conceals a little better. Sold the 19 and haven't regreted it since. Love the 26. Won't ever sell it. :D

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
I have two G26s, what can I say?
I do carry the G30 and G19 many times too.
I guess it depends on how I'm feeling that day and dress code.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Looks like getting a 26 is a good idea. I've been tempted for months to get one. If only my wifey will allow to me to get another one.

·
Call me Bronco...
133 Posts
Glock 23 Gen4 is my EDC. Borrowed my dads 26 for a few weeks and really enjoyed it. Short story is that a 27 Gen4 will be my next purchase.

·
likes cookies
73 Posts
When I was looking at Glocks I was torn between the 19 and the 26. I got the 19, and I love it. BUT we just got my wife a 26, which I should have checked out when I was making my 19 purchase. I like how it feels in my hand better than my 19. I haven't got a chance to shoot it yet, work has been insane, but when I do I'm somewhat worried that I'm going to require one for myself sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I carry a 19, I don't care for sub compacts. It is just personal preference...

Get whatever you're most comfortable with..

1 - 19 of 19 Posts