Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is experiencing several FTF and FTE with her new Gen4 26. I'm thinking it is do to her limited hand strength, because I can fire it all day without issue. Would a lighter recoil spring help her?

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I had a hand strength issue as well. Have her get a pair of hand grips from the exercise equipment section of Walmart or your local sporting goods store. If she will do 3 sets of 12-15 every day she will probably see improvement in a short time. This will also help with shot placement.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
A lighter spring may not help at all. No failures when you use it, it is not an issue with the pistol.

Perhaps you could try lighter load ammo? Like lighter bullets (like maybe Magtech's 95g JSP...I know its a SD round, but it may be easier for her to manage the recoil then until she develops better wrist strength) or reloaded ammo which is recipe'd to a lower muzzle velocity?

How is she staging her support hand?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GAgal said:
I had a hand strength issue as well. Have her get a pair of hand grips from the exercise equipment section of Walmart or your local sporting goods store. If she will do 3 sets of 12-15 every day she will probably see improvement in a short time. This will also help with shot placement.
Thank you GAgal. I'll have her try that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Happysniper1 said:
A lighter spring may not help at all. No failures when you use it, it is not an issue with the pistol.

Perhaps you could try lighter load ammo? Like lighter bullets (like maybe Magtech's 95g JSP...I know its a SD round, but it may be easier for her to manage the recoil then until she develops better wrist strength) or reloaded ammo which is recipe'd to a lower muzzle velocity?

How is she staging her support hand?
We were using Federal 115gr. FMJ ammo. She was wrapping her support hand around her strong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts