glock 26 gen 5 issue, please help.

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by packersfan036, Aug 18, 2020.

1. my g26 is having a issue with sling shotting the slide back into battery. the slide release lever works perfectly. anyone else having this issue?

2. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock Well-Known Member

What is happening when you try that? It gets stuck?

3. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

It sounds like the slide stop lever is sticking 'up'.

Ensure that the slide stop lever is free to move by removing the slide and lifting the slide stop lever thumb tab as high as possible and release it. The slide stop lever should 'snap back' against the frame.

If so, it's working.

If not, it's binding and must be corrected.

Although the following video is about a different malfunction, it does illustrate that the Gen 5 slide stop lever spring can cause issues and may give you an idea of what to look for.

Glock Gen 5 Slide Stop and Takedown Lever Malfunction

Best regards,

Bob

L-2, Bayou and Southlake like this.
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

is the slide not going back into battery? That could be a sign of a weak recoil spring, or need for lube. Also wondering if this above vid is for gen 5 only? No experience with factory 26's, but my P80SC (26 based) uses the typical single sided release lever, and one must make sure the end of that spring is under the top pin. A default install will have the spring going over the pin, not providing proper tension.

Bayou likes this.
  5. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Possibly.

However, it seems the OP differentiates between the 'slingshot' and 'slide stop lever' methods of releasing the slide by stating "my g26 is having a issue with sling shotting the slide back into battery. the slide release lever works perfectly", which I interpret to mean "the slide returns to battery properly when using the slide stop lever to release the slide, but not when using the slingshot method".

Yes. The Gen 5 slide stop lever is different from previous generations.

Note that the thread title is... glock 26 gen 5 issue, please help.

That's a Gen 1-4 issue... not a Gen 5 issue.

Best regards,

Bob

Bayou likes this.
  6. mattm

Ah, gen 5 in the header. Typical me, going straight to the fine print...forest, trees and all that.

Bayou and rbbeers like this.
  7. i think the slide stop is sticking. it works perfectly when i use the slide stop/release.

Bayou likes this.
  8. Jermaine newman

Jermaine newman New Member

With your p80sc did your slide rack back smooth. Or did you have to break it in

9. mattm

I've built 5 P80's, 4 in 9mm, 1 in .45acp and the 9's required NATO ammo at least to start. I use Winchester 124grain NATO without any hiccups. Regular ammo,like Freedom Munitions, will stovepipe. Got a deal on some Fiocci 1200fps 115 and that runs real well. The 940 C (Glock19 clone) runs everything now, and I have Winchester Ranger 147 +p as a defense round in everything, which also runs 100% in the 4 9's.
    All the guns "feel" smooth, but running hotter ammo gives me a lot more confidence in their reliability. I had fit up issues with the sc, seller said there were reports of alignment issues with the jig, then asked what I did to solve it :rolleyes::rolleyes:.I ended up grinding just a hair off the locking block, as well as the tab on the base of the barrel, after dykeming both and checking for interference. Magic marker can replace dykem if needed, just ink up your rails, block, and squared sections of barrel and look for interference issues, high spots in other words. My 21 clone was ceracoted, and was a total fustercluck at first, and now is running well, but is humorous seeing the snowplowed sections of ceracote on the slide where the barrel tilts and plowed it :eek:

Last edited: Sep 16, 2020
    Danzig likes this.
  10. Agree, it is sticking 'up' for some reason..Lube?