Glock 26 GEN 4 Report

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by sparx, Jan 6, 2012.

1. sparx

sparx New Member

I think I could get my shots up the 2" or so if I could pick up a front sight with the white dot in a higher location.

Right now I am hand loading a 124 grain FMJ round nose with 5.3 grains of Unique getting good consistency in accuracy. (oal 1.35")

I would also like to lighten up the trigger just a bit maybe one pound, I think it gauges at about 4.75 lbs now.

Sparx

Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  2. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

I like hearing the good news about the 26s. That will be my next glock purchase. Oh, and 2" blow target at 15 yds with a short barrel? Did I read that right? That is actually pretty good in my book. Any pics of the groups?

3. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

Sparx, I have the G26 and love it. The only thing I did was have the trigger re-worked and now it has around a 3 lbs trigger pull and feels great. Mine also shoots about 2" low and slightly to the right. I actually adjusted my front sight point of aim and now it is dead on.

4. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

The trigger is easy, Glock makes parts to raise and lower your pull. One thing that was suggested to me is install a NY-1 spring with a minus connector. It will raise you pull to about 6-6.5 lbs but will break and reset crisp, it works well but I like a light trigger.

Another fix is to polish the trigger group parts but I recommend you let and armorer do that, it will make it smoother but the pull will remain the same if you install the same springs.

5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

I'll be picking up a 26 next week. Can't wait to get out to the range

6. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

My 26 gen 4 is my EDC gun. Just took it to the gunsmith had had tru glo night sights, slide release extension, and the trigger to around 4 pounds. Plus the interior polished. Last thing is I'm thinking of a crimson trace laser grip on it. Anyone have one on theirs and like it?

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

I, too, have a G26, Gen3 though, and I love it!

First thing I did was install Pearce +2 magazine extensions to raise the stock magazine capacity to 12 rounds and to give a good pinky rest. Then I put in the 3.5# connector, and the trigger feel was immediately apparent.

Coupla weeks ago I bought 2 G17 magazines (17 round capacity), and tried it...worked flawlessly but felt a little awkward. Bought a flexible rubber mag sleeve from eBay (X-Grip) and boyoboy! it was great. The sleeve was flexible rubber, felt good to grip, did not bite the hand when shooting or handling, actually give a more positive feel to the grip when drawing from holster and reholstering, BUT since it is on held in by friction, reloading the mag without using a loader tool (I never do) is a little awkward because the sleeve tends to ride up.

See attached pics, G26 with standard mag and +2 extension, then same pistol with G17 mag and mag sleeve:
    (*PS* I know it's not Gen4, but the magazine extensions and mag sleeves are compatible)

Attached Files:

8. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

I bought two Pearce extensions for mine. Feels really great holding but I haven't carried it yet. Not sure if I should defeat the purpose of the concealable g26. It's still at the gunsmith so I'm not sure if the Pearce makes much of a difference concealed in my holster'

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

With the Pearce extension, I did not notice any real increase in the size of the "bulge" as it were. I carry OWB.

With the modified G17 mags I did, but then again I typically have loose clothing over it (jacket, sweater, button-down shirt or coat/trenchcoat), but not so that it would be so noticeable. I could feel the longer butt (the magazine) against my side, just enough so that I knew it was there. OWB while driving was still OK, no discomfort at all. I kinda liked the feel of it pressing ever so slightly against my side, just a reminder of the awesome responsibility I accept whenever I carry.

If at some future date you would like to try it, and purchase the mags + sleeves (for Heaven's sake don't get the hard plastic sleeves that have the tightening screws!), and find out you don't like it, PM me and I will buy them off of you at your purchase cost.

10. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

Happysniper1, have you ever considered the crimson trace grip?

11. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

image-2775628144.jpg

Oh yeah.. Truglo night sights, slide release extension, polished interior, 4 pound trigger, mag extension, and the flag on the back!

12. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I too have a G26 Gen 4 with about 1000 rss through it, attached is a pic of my target to show the groupings, the pic is from 25'

The 26 is my EDC, and I could not be more happy with it!

Attached Files:

13. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 New Member

Nice shooting bud!! And people say that a sub comp can't be target accurate....

14. teksid

teksid Active Member

http://[​IMG]
    I like mine.

15. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

That's a fine looking weapon !

16. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Bammustafa:
    Have thought about it, for other weapons, but not on any of my Glocks. All I have are Gen3's (G26 and G30), and given the size and shape of my hand, the Glock grip is at the outside limit of what I would consider my grip comfort zone. Anything to change/increase that size, for my EDC, is a no-no. At the moment, changing over to Gen4's is not in the stars...

Plus, as an FA instructor, I always teach our students (who have lasers on their sidearms) to ignore the laser and use the gun's sights: The one time you will need it will be the one time it doesn't work. Murphy's Law.

17. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

Yeah I was worried about increase in the grip but as far as I've heard from others on the gen 4 is quite comfortable.
    I can see where the laser could be taken advantage but from what I understand on the crimson trace videos the true design comes into play close distance under stress situations. Falling to the ground under attack and you can drawl and shoot rather having to look down your sights.

18. BLK RIFLE

BLK RIFLE New Member

MS
    You got a good one. I have one and love it. Own a few more and like them all. Built a couple and am going to build another. Bought a complete gen 3 lower from glockstore.com for $150.00 and am going to build another.

19. MonteG26

MonteG26 New Member

Nice, I have the USMC EGA on the back on my G26.

20. Bammustafa

Bammustafa New Member

image-1195210983.jpg

Going to the range