Glock Firearms banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was looking at the 26 today and am almost to the point of purchase. Question, what are the issues w/ the 3 compared to the 4?? 9mm

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
glocker19 said:
Was looking at the 26 today and am almost to the point of purchase. Question, what are the issues w/ the 3 compared to the 4?? 9mm
No interchangeable grips, and no double recoil spring... The lack of these is not so much a problem, but they are "features" you may want in a smaller Glock like the Baby Glock. Better grip, and less perceived recoil.

·
Registered
91 Posts
supercazzola said:
No interchangeable grips, and no double recoil spring... The lack of these is not so much a problem, but they are "features" you may want in a smaller Glock like the Baby Glock. Better grip, and less perceived recoil.
It does have a double recoil spring in the gen 3 actually. All the sub-compacts do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The only difference between the glock 26 gen 3and glock gen 4 is the back strap on the generation 4 is interchangeable to allow for a larger hand and on the generation 3 it is not. and then generation 4 also has a larger slide release on the side. generation 4 also comes with 1 more extra magazine clip then 3. I have a generation 3 and I have a smaller hand and it fits me perfect . hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
tonkatoy said:
The only difference between the glock 26 gen 3and glock gen 4 is the back strap on the generation 4 is interchangeable to allow for a larger hand and on the generation 3 it is not. and then generation 4 also has a larger slide release on the side. generation 4 also comes with 1 more extra magazine clip then 3. I have a generation 3 and I have a smaller hand and it fits me perfect . hope this helps!
Isn't gen 4 also with ability to switch mag release to right side if you're left handed?

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Have and love my G26 gen3. She goes with me everywhere I go (almost!), allows me to show off my shooting skills whenever I am at the range, easily hides under any manner of clothing I choose to wear, has taken me thru a couple of IDPA matches, and I know that I can rely on her and my skill with absolute certainty to protect my life and the lives of those around me.

When she became mine, there was no Gen4 yet. I wish there was. My $0.02.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts