Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Each gun has extras such as a sight, flashlight, laser, holster, etc.
Glock has recently released guns that without the basic extras (magazine) are damaged.
For example Glock 26 and Glock 43 which without a complementary addition to the magazine reliability magazine and firing are damaged,
Why buy such guns?
People buy a Glock 26, add an elongated magazine that probably with the small grip handle the quality of the hit goes down and actually turn the gun into a Glock 19,
So why not buy Straight Glock 19 in the first place,
Same as for Glock 43,
I would love to know what lies behind this consideration?

·
Legitimate Combatant
6,802 Posts
Glock 19
15 RD, 4.02"Barrel, 30.16oz Loaded
7.36" x 5.04"

Glock 26
10 RD, 3.43"Barrel, 25.57oz Loaded
6.5" x 4.17"

Glock 43
6 RD, 3.41"Barrel, 20.64oz Loaded
6.26" x 4.25"

I own a box of Glocks in various calibers.
Like my pinky finger on the grip, use a +2 mag extension to accommodate, and shoot my 26 more accurate than all the others.

Glock 26 w/ext mag:
12 RD, 3.43" Barrel, 26.66oz Loaded
6.5" x 5.0"

I can't see the purpose of the G43.
Stepping down the round count in a single stack doesn't add up to me.

Just an opinion and the 26 is more conceallable than the 19 even with the mag adapter. If you carry extra mags they can be 10, 15, 17, and even 33 rounds.

·
Registered
4,675 Posts
….
Glock has recently released guns that without the basic extras (magazine) are damaged.

For example Glock 26 and Glock 43 which without a complementary addition to the magazine reliability magazine and firing are damaged.
….
Sorry MOS, but I’m confused by your “damaged” statements in your post. Don’t know what you mean.

In any case, people buy smaller guns because they are easier to conceal.
I love my Glock 19s, but my Glock 26 conceals easier, and when I carry it, I have additional 15 rounds magazines on me for additional capacity. Btw, shooting the G26 with a 15 rounds or larger magazines does not affect its reliability.
I guess it all depends on one’s hand size. I prefer my G19s, but I can shoot the G26 with no issues. People with larger hands might have an issue with the smaller grip.
In reference to the G43, to each its own, but I sold mine because I wanted a gun with more rounds (at least 10 rounds). I like the G43X better.
Nowadays, however, I mostly carry a Sig P365X (with 12 rounds magazines).

·
Glockin’ since 1993
45,328 Posts
I wear full size guns for OWB duty use but a 33 or a 43 IWB for off duty/concealed carry.
There are trade offs of course going to the smaller guns but I’m trying to be covert as possible.
I do add extensions more for control than ammunition capacity.
The 33 is mostly for winter carry as it’s a bulkier gun width wise.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Metal

The 43 is my most of the year CCW gun as it’s very thin and disappears under a T-shirt.
Product Grey Material property Font Air gun

Both guns have Streamlight TLR-6 light and laser combo and ride in DSG Arms holsters.

·
Premium Member
7,102 Posts
The G 43 X with Shield 15 round magazines is a small lighter G 19,it's all about choices.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, it is all about having choices for carrying regularly.

For those who live in relatively safe areas and want to carry comfortably, I think a G43 is perfect. You can carry it so many different ways (shoulder, iwb, owb, ankle...). It is also great for those who wear the stylish form fitting and slimmer fit outfits. It is also a great choice to carry on the property if you live in the city or suburbs. But out in the country, I'd want more capacity or stopping power.

If you want to feel safer with more rounds, a 26 is great. If I left my relatively safe neighborhood area, a 26 is my choice. But know that the type of holster will make a bigger difference.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I edc my stock unadulterated G23 and appropriate attire to prevent printing. My ONLY concern is , in the event of need, to hit center mass to avoid collateral injuries to innocent bystanders.
IMHO, using an edc with ANY alterations COULD be used as "evidence ?" in a civil trial against one's self defense claim.

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
Google pic of a 26 with oem + base plate for 12+1, & a 19 with 15 plus one. This is just my opinion, but the difference in sight radius isn’t going to add much accuracy. The 26 can take larger magazines. So if you could only have one. I’d choose the 26, due to subcompact size & ability to take larger magazines. That being said I own 2x 19’s, & no 26’s. Mostly because I carry .357 Sig edc, & I have plenty of options.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Glock 19
15 RD, 4.02"Barrel, 30.16oz Loaded
7.36" x 5.04"

Glock 26
10 RD, 3.43"Barrel, 25.57oz Loaded
6.5" x 4.17"

Glock 43
6 RD, 3.41"Barrel, 20.64oz Loaded
6.26" x 4.25"

I own a box of Glocks in various calibers.
Like my pinky finger on the grip, use a +2 mag extension to accommodate, and shoot my 26 more accurate than all the others.

Glock 26 w/ext mag:
12 RD, 3.43" Barrel, 26.66oz Loaded
6.5" x 5.0"

I can't see the purpose of the G43.
Stepping down the round count in a single stack doesn't add up to me.

Just an opinion and the 26 is more conceallable than the 19 even with the mag adapter. If you carry extra mags they can be 10, 15, 17, and even 33 rounds.
fyi for all looking at the 43/43X...Sheild Arms makes a replacement 15 round mag that fits just like the factory 43/43x magazine...no mods, not extended, turns the single stack 10 round into a 15/16 round single stack. I own Glocks, 19, 26, 29, 43X, etc. I love the 43X single stack with the 15 + 1 chamber carry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
fyi to all looking at or considering Glock 43/43X...Sheild Arms makes a factory replacement magazine that holds 15 rounds...gives you a 15 + 1 chamber 16 round single stack very comfortable EDC. The Shield Arms magazine is a perfect factory fit, it is not extended, fits right in just like the Glock factory 10 round magazine. Buy their mag release with the mag...theirs it made of aluminum works best as this mag is steel not poly.

Wood Gas Hardwood Bumper Electric blue

Blue Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Gun accessory Composite material

1 - 20 of 46 Posts