Glock 23gen4

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by glock22mtz, Jun 10, 2012.

1. glock22mtz

glock22mtz New Member

This is my first actual post. I had bought a glock 22 gen4 on march 28. All matching numbers. Well I recently traded for a glock 23gen4 it was bought new in December 2011. Well all the numbers match, even the case except the frame. Last digit is off by one number. The pistol is on papers as matching on case, barrel and slide not the frame. He claims the dealer had called glock and they told them it wasnt a big deal. That it's only off by one number. Should I be concerned On this matter? Everything was like new condition as well as my glock 22gen4. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Welcome to the Forum! I'm sure some of our members will be along shortly to answer this question for you. Enjoy the Forum.

3. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Personally, I would write down the SN and contact Glock myself. If the dealer has a problem with that, leave.

4. glock22mtz

glock22mtz New Member

This trade was FTF. We both have our own copy of bill of sale with both our information. I also know the dealer where he had bought it at. I'll be contacting glock tomorrow morning. My concern is that if I get pulled over and the LEO run the serial I'd have a problem. Do they go by the frame serial or slide and barrel or all three?

5. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Honestly I'm not sure. Better safe than sorry though lol

6. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

The frame is the handgun. The other parts are just parts when it comes down to government.

7. glock22mtz

glock22mtz New Member

That's what I figure and though the case, Slide and barrel all match

8. mikecu

mikecu New Member

What are the chances that the original dealer removed the slides on 2 sequential # guns and reassembled onto each others frame?

Said dealer could just make a call to the other purchaser if it has already been sold.

9. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

There is nothing to worry about in this situation. Relax and enjoy your GLOCK.

10. glock22mtz

glock22mtz New Member

Actually there is. I went into the dealer where gun was purchased and it was glocks screw up. Mine frame is in Tennessee and the other guys I have. Dealer was going to contact the ATF and see if we can just register the frames we have if not. Dealer is giving a brand new glock.

11. voyager4520

voyager4520 New Member

Like said above, the dealer may have mixed them up. It doesn't really matter because the frame is considered the firearm by the ATF.

You might call Glock about it and ask them, I've heard about this a few times recently.

12. ^^ but since the frame number doesn't match the documentation and it's the frame number that the ATF catalogues, this is a legitimate issue. Glad to hear that Glock is straightening it out with the ATF for you, be it resolved by a documentation update or a new firearm, and goes to show the importance of due diligence and verification before purchasing!

Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  13. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

14. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Thread moved to the Introductions sub forum...

15. glock22mtz

glock22mtz New Member

As stated all documentation has been updated, so I'm be good. Now for future reference, would I have any problems selling it as is?

16. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, Glock22mtz, and WELCOME to the Forum!

As already stated by others, the numbering on the other parts are not significant in the eyes of the government or law enforcement.

That being said, I would be curious to learn what the story behind that is.

Please share when you get to the bottom of it.

Cheers!

17. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    A majority of used Glock buyers wouldn't care as long as it's not stolen, which it isn't.

18. havik72

havik72 Senior Member

Dude, off topic here, but I have hated that clown you use for an avatar since the day i first saw him when I was a kid...scared the ^*%#^ out of me!!!

19. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I agree. How about you change to your girlfriends avatar. It's much more pleasing to the eye. Umm...aesthetically speaking.:|

20. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Haha sorry man, I do it to scare everyone. No one else seems to love clowns like I do.

lol we've already had this discussion. And personally, I love clowns :)