Trigger Travel: -12.5 mm / -0.5 in.
Barrel Rifling: Right Handed / Hexagonal
Length of Twist: 250 mm / 9.84 in.
Magazine Capacity (Standard): 13 Rounds (Optional): 15/17

Price: $499.00

Pros: Reliable. easy to find parts for.

Cons: squared/bulky frame

Recommended? Yes

I was never a huge glock-guy. I never slammed those who are, but I mainly did not like the gen 1/2 grip and the squared feel. I do smithing and over the past 20 years have worked on many for club members and customers.

The replacement/oem as well as upgrades are inexpensive and easy to acquire. It is a solid firing platform and out of the box is near-perfection as any other top-shelf brand. I really liked the way the gen 3 especially the M23 feels in the hand. Although still a bit chunky for IWB carry it is a good sidearm. I spent the past year on/off looking for one as the gun market has been volatile lately.

I ended up getting an as-new 23 from a FFL who carried it in his shop it had the extended slide lever, grip void plug and nite sights. I was able to "steal" it for $499. I was very impressed as this could have easily been sold as "new". It shoots great and the trigger is IMO better than the first two generations. I just added a SS guide rod, sorry I just don't trust them. It is a great value in used, as-new, or factory new if you get for the right price. It is ideal for OWB carry, maybe shoulder holster, nite stand, back pack or in your vehicle lock-box (travel). Not to say it can't be carried IWB but most will probably agree not the most comfortable in that mode. Definitely one of my favorite .40's!