Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Glock Professional
378 Posts
yes

Assuming your question holds a typo

LOE's that use Glock 23;'s, often times carry spare mags in the G22 variety. They hold two additional rounds each. They also take up about the same space as G23 mags holding plus 2 cover plates.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
They will fit, but they won't fit flush like your g23 mags. Will look like this:

ImageUploadedByGlock Forum1404188687.794992.jpg

You can buy adapters to "fill the gap" if you want to. X-Grip makes some nice ones. A lot of people do this when using G23 magazines in a G27.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

Attachments

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
Agree with both posters but Morph hits it when he refers to XGrips. Thay are excellent.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That depends. If you have a Gen 2 or 3 G22 and a Gen 2 or Gen 3 G23 then yes, the G22 mags will fit. If either of the 2 pistols are a Gen 4, the magazines ARE NOT compatible w/ Gen 2's and Gen 3's...

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
That depends. If you have a Gen 2 or 3 G22 and a Gen 2 or Gen 3 G23 then yes, the G22 mags will fit. If either of the 2 pistols are a Gen 4, the magazines ARE NOT compatible w/ Gen 2's and Gen 3's...

Gen 4 mags should function fine in a Gen 2 or 3. The only difference is that the Gen 4 mags have an extra notch so that you can use the left handed magazine release if you choose to.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
Gen 4 magazines ARE compatible with GEn 3 and Gen 2 guns. I routinely use Gen 4 mags in a Gen 3.

The issue is the cutout. If you have a gen4 and change the mag release, Gen3 and earlier mags do not have a cutout for the left handed mag release position.

D

·
Registered
1,540 Posts

Gen 4 mags will function fine in a Gen 2 or 3. The only difference is that the Gen 4 mags have an extra notch so that you can use the left handed magazine release if you choose to. So if you have a Gen 4 pistol and want to use the left handed mag release, you need a Gen 4 mag. If you use the right handed mag release, you can use any Gen mag.

·
Registered
845 Posts

Wow, in all CAPS too. Do you always emphasize inaccurate information it that way when you are giving advice. Lol

·
Registered
78 Posts

Ummmmmmmm, lol! One of the biggest selling points of Glock is the interchangeability of the mags. I'm not saying, I'm just saying.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts