Glock Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, have lurked without an account on this forum for a while and decided to create an account to ask a question for the .40 S&W club.

I recently bought a Glock 23 Gen 5 Non MOS and am very pleased with it. I discovered not only do the regular Gen 5 holsters not fit the G23.5, but there seems to be little to no aftermarket support for the gun.

I am looking to simply upgrade to the extended slide lock lever. I have searched google for a while seeing if anyone ever answered it on another site. I am curious to buy a Gen 5 slide stop lever and try it out on the G23 Gen 5. I reached out to Kägwerks to see if they had any idea if their slide stop lever would work. The salesman informed me that the Glock .40 caliber pistols in Generation 5 have thickened the Slide, so it would not work. I have not seen anything about the frame being thickened, but I could be wrong. I am curious to see if there are anyone with a 5th gen .40 S&W pistol that has upgraded this simple part.

In closing, I plan to get a quality set of night sights like Trijicon, XS Sights, or even American to slap on it, as well as magazine base extensions from Taran Tactical. Any information would be helpful, thanks.

· Registered
2,882 Posts
This one says it fits:

Reactions: SJ 40 and Danzig

· Premium Member
10,874 Posts
This appears to be more of a Glock OEM release.

This is the manufacture that first came to mind,Tyrant designs, it appears they are out of stock from many distributors.
However I found them listed here.

I use them in my 2 Gen 5 's and all my Gen 3's,to me they are the best slide stop for a Glock,easy to use and are not so extended that they get in the way.

Reactions: Danzig

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey all, thanks for your replies and sorry for my late reply. I recently made a discovery. I owned a Beretta APX a few years back and found a IWB holster from Beretta in a holster box over the weekend. I thought to try the G23.5 in it and it works like a charm. I am waiting for my holster maker TR Holsters out of NC to make my G23.5 with X300U specific holster, so I am using this as a temporary holster.

This is what I am using:

· Registered
247 Posts
I am under the impression that the 45 gap slide is about the same with as the Gen 5 40s maybe you can find any 45 gap Holster to fit. But that gun might not have much support either. another option would be to go somewhere where there are holsters and see if a Glock 30 holster will work or a Glock 30 slim or Glock 36 .

1 - 6 of 6 Posts