Glock Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my G23 Gen 5 for almost a year now and can not find a kydex holster for it.

I don't know why Glock changed the slide for the Gen 5 and made it larger....my Gen 4 was great. The only reason I changed was for the ambitious slide release.

Anyway.... the holsters that I have found serve me the best are the Blade Tech Total Eclipse holsters. I have been in contact with Blade Tech numerous times in the past year and they won't even tell me if they will even make a holster for the Gen 5 G23.

Why's it take to make a kydex holster? I would assume the only thing they don't have would be a form. I have contacted several kydex holster makers and NONE of them support the Gen 5.

What's the deal?

If anyone out there knows who is making holsters for the Glock 23 Gen 5 please let me know.

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have had my G23 Gen 5 for almost a year now and can not find a kydex holster for it.

I don't know why Glock changed the slide for the Gen 5 and made it larger....my Gen 4 was great. The only reason I changed was for the ambitious slide release.

Anyway.... the holsters that I have found serve me the best are the Blade Tech Total Eclipse holsters. I have been in contact with Blade Tech numerous times in the past year and they won't even tell me if they will even make a holster for the Gen 5 G23.

Why's it take to make a kydex holster? I would assume the only thing they don't have would be a form. I have contacted several kydex holster makers and NONE of them support the Gen 5.

What's the deal?

If anyone out there knows who is making holsters for the Glock 23 Gen 5 please let me know.
The folks at Alien Gear make holsters for the G23 Gen 5. I got one of their Shape Shift holsters for the grandson's M19 and he likes it. We had to modify it a bit for the Swampfox Kingslayer optics but it wasn't a big deal.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'll second the recommendation of Vedder Holsters, I use them for my Glocks and 1911s. Their "Lite Tuck" is offered for the Gen 5 22, 23 and 27. Also, I carry my 22 and 23 Gen 5s in my Comfort Tuck, the leather backing has enough "give" that they fit. I did have to get out my heat gun to make my double stack 1911 10MM fit in it's "Light Tuck" though:rolleyes:

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for sending me some options. I'm more of a OWB carry kind of guy but I will check all of these options out and maybe try something different. Hopefully Blade Tech will make a Total Eclipse for the Gen 5 soon. There has got to be enough demand for them to make it.

Pass the word to everyone you know to flood Blade Tech with emails requesting theymake the Total Eclipse for the Glock 23 Gen 5!!!

·
Premium Member
14,568 Posts
Thanks for sending me some options. I'm more of a OWB carry kind of guy but I will check all of these options out and maybe try something different. Hopefully Blade Tech will make a Total Eclipse for the Gen 5 soon. There has got to be enough demand for them to make it.

Pass the word to everyone you know to flood Blade Tech with emails requesting theymake the Total Eclipse for the Glock 23 Gen 5!!!
Some of the links have owb options.

·
Registered
555 Posts
These are amazingly comfortable but a bit more expensive than some other companies.
Excellent materials and craftsmanship. Worth a look. The appendix and strong side are the same. There are 1 and 2 clip/support options.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I ordered a Metro Premium.....even though they do not list the Glock 23 Gen 5 as an available option, I emailed them and they said they can do it.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get it.
DetroitHolster.com does the same thing but offers a wide array of options to fit anyone's particulars. I've got one for my G43 and another for my G32gen4 That I use in my Berne CC winter jacket. I also can use both in my summer cargo pants pocket instead of my Stickys. They both have hooks and thumb tabs as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I received my holster from Detroit Holster today and I am very impressed! Fit, form, and function are all 100% good to go.
I definitely suggest you check them out if you are looking for a quality holster. If their website doesn't show what you need them shoot them an email and see if they can make what you need.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts