Glock 23 Gen 4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Joshua, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Joshua

Joshua New Member

Anyone hear of any issues with the 23 Gen4?

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum !!

Stop by the Introductions area and introduce yourself... Thanks.

( Thread moved from Announcements and Support to Glock Forum )

3. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

I have one. LOVE IT!! Eats everything I put in it and shoots like dream!! Welcome to the forum!!

4. Joshua

Joshua New Member

Thanks. Great forum!

5. Also have one. Love it to death. No problems at all from mine.

6. The only issues I'm having is that I'm having an shooting addiction.

7. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

No issues with mine. 700+ rounds

Attached Files:

8. lonnylong

lonnylong New Member

Great gun

The G23 Gen 4 shoots very acurate with little kickback. I use the Gold Dot 180's for SD. Wears well with the Blackhawk Serpa holster.

9. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

YES, I have several!

Vol 16 No. 1 Glock Annual 10
    Vol 17 No. 1 Glock Annual 11
    Vol 18 No. 1 Glock Annual 12

....and that I don't own one!

Sorry just couldn't resist.;)

10. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

What issues are you having?

I have not had any. I have 2.5 (two full pistols and a "receiver" with a .22 upper).

Dave

11. Mike-4

Mike-4 New Member

My Gen4 G23 is about a month old. Using WWB FMJ 180 ammo, I had 5 FTF out of 100 rounds. I did use the same mag so it may be a mag issue. Nonetheless, I'm still happy with it. Appears to have a softer recoil than my G2 G23, grip is better. . Time will tell if it is just as reliable.

Regards

12. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Switch mags and then switch ammo. WWB isn't the greatest stuff. I practice with it all the time, but it's cheap.

Some folks are reporting that they're getting boxes of WWB with reloads inside of them. You might want to check that.

On the positive side, you're getting plenty of "jam clearing" practice.

D

13. DocHolliday

DocHolliday I'm Your Huckleberry

I have not had any issues with my G23gen4. I bought it at the end of 2011. I have put plenty of Winchester USA, Federal FMJ, and Speer Gold Dots through it, with and without my Streamlight TLR-1s mounted to the rail. Not a single jam or FTF.

14. Dwilson295

Dwilson295 New Member

Just purchased a new glock 23 gen 4 last weekend (first glock). See me smile. To me this was the perfect match of size, capacity, and power. Went to the range today and not smiling so much.

Using Estate (federal) 180 fmj had 1 FTE at about round 25. Maybe limp wrist so give the gun the benefit of the doubt. Finished off 100 rounds with no more problems. I then went to hornady critical defense 165s and got 1 FTF and 2 FTE out of 20 rounds.

I've never had problems with limp wresting before. Saw the posts on gen 4 problems but seemed like they were older.

Any suggestions on self defense ammo that would work better? Or other suggestions?

15. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the GF and the Texas Group. Please post an intro in the introduction section so everyone can meet you.

16. hussar66

hussar66 New Member

Had one ftf to feed with mine out of 100 rounds. It was either the cheap ammo (eagle) or limp wrist (it failed while my girlfriend was shooting and it was her first time shooting a bigger caliber and second time shooting at all.). Other than that no complaints.

17. I pick mine up this Thursday. My first Glock .

18. I've got a 23 gen4 and haven't had a problem. I use WWB all the time because it's available not one issue. I've got about 3-500 rounds through it. Haven't tries any SD ammo through it yet mostly because of the price. Next range trip I'll give it a go with some.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Glock Forum mobile app

19. dormsauce

dormsauce New Member

I got and carry a gen 4 glock 23 as well and with the 13 rds ive shot ( I know not many lol) it shot perfectly!! Cant wait to get back out and shoot more rounds through it!

20. Ernest

Ernest Gen4 G27, G23, G42 and G40mos

Not one issue with my G23 gen4 with 40, 9 or 357 sig with the LW conv barrels. 1000 of 40, 200 of 9 and about 25 357 sig (expensive)