Glock 23 Gen 4

Discussion in 'Range Reports' started by DrumsnGuns, Feb 21, 2012.

1. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Ran 35 rounds of WWB through it Saturday morning for the first time. No malfunctions whatsoever. Shot beautifully. Factory sights seem pretty much dead on. I will be getting a few silhouettes to judge exactly how accurate, but I hit where I wanted on some two liter bottles from 7 yards.

I love this gun. It has snappier recoil than On some other .40s I've shot, but I pass that off as being lighter than other guns in that caliber. Nothing I can't handle. I can't wait to go through all the ammo my local walmarts have in stock. :)

2. Thats good to hear. I should be pulling the trigger on my G23 next week. Havent decided yet on Gen4 or 3. This only one store in the area that has a Gen4. Regardless it will be a G23. Unless they make me a deal on a P229

3. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Can't go wrong with either generation. I like the 4 simply because of the backstraps + extra magazine. I really like the texture of the grip too. In my opinion there's definitely an overall better value for the 4th Gen.

4. Jmd

Jmd New Member

I got a 23 gen 4 and have no problems so far after 450 rounds, just love the gun

5. DrumsnGuns

DrumsnGuns New Member

Just got done putting another 40 rounds through before the sun went down. Perfect as expected.

6. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

I also have 1 since Nov. 850 rounds no issues. Also just got A GEN3 23 today .

7. kawiglock

kawiglock New Member

Couldn't agree more. Picked my 23 up on Monday. Put 100 rounds of federal through and 5 rounds of my home protection hollow points. Cycles great. No FTF. Definitely a little snappy, but a blast to shoot. Look forward to carrying this one.

8. drewsak

drewsak New Member

What's FTF?

9. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    FTF = Failure To Fire

10. drewsak

drewsak New Member

Thanks glock26USMC!

11. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Failure to Feed

12. GlockIt

GlockIt Carry on my friends!!!!

No complaints on my 23 g3 had it for over two years and well over a 1000rds and its my main summer gun.