Glock Firearms banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Purchased a glock 23 from a private party (had all valid paperwork) he installed a ghost trigger and polished the barrel. When I go to shoot a magazine through it, every 2nd or third shot doesn't strike hard enough resulting in a re cock of the slide, also towards the end the trigger stays pulled and it dumps 2-3 rounds of full. I immidiately took the weapon apart and noticed the recoil spring jumps off of the rail on the barrel after every shot. I am not going to put it back together until I figure out what is wrong in order to avoid any trouble with the law. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks you very much!

·
Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
Try putting the stock trigger back in it.

NRA member, GSSF member, GCA/retired
Sent from my Commodore 64 yesterday ©

·
1 Year Member
953 Posts
I agree with chuck, definitely aftermarket parts problem, is the rsa SS or factory?

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
Purchased a glock 23 from a private party (had all valid paperwork) he installed a ghost trigger and polished the barrel. When I go to shoot a magazine through it, every 2nd or third shot doesn't strike hard enough resulting in a re cock of the slide, also towards the end the trigger stays pulled and it dumps 2-3 rounds of full. I immidiately took the weapon apart and noticed the recoil spring jumps off of the rail on the barrel after every shot. I am not going to put it back together until I figure out what is wrong in order to avoid any trouble with the law. Any help is greatly appriciated. Thanks you very much!

My Glock once shot burst fire due to an out of spec trigger connector and the light primer strikes sound like a reduced power striker spring was installed.

"Within the covers of the Bible are the answers for all the problems men face."--Ronald Reagan
Watch their hands, hands kill. In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Its normal for the Recoil spring to come off its seat every time you remove the slide. Your issues might have a very simple fix . No telling what the previous owner did. For safety sake your best bet would be a Glock armorer. A light striker spring like mentioned above could be causing light primer strikes. If they modified the gun to have a very light trigger your "full auto" could be just you bump firing without being able to discern the difference. I suspect that when you say ghost trigger that it's a trigger connector.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts