Glock 22

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by etbonds, Mar 17, 2012.

1. etbonds

etbonds New Member

I have a Glock 22 that I bought in 1991 or 1992 new. I had just got done with boot camp for the marines and it was my first pistol that I ever purchased. Unfortunately deployments then life got in the way of spending time at the range with her. I recently just started shooting again. Today after the range I noticed a lot of brass inside the pistol when cleaning. I was using Winchester white box cheap ammo. Is this normal? My glock probably only has 300 rounds through it and has always been cleaned after each trip. I also have a colt defender and have not noticed the same brass dust after cleaning.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum etbonds !!

3. nyycanseco33

nyycanseco33 Well-Known Member Supporter

1st welcome to the Forum :)

2nd I believe that is typical of WWB brass, they are a cheaper round than what others prefer but good for target practice... I don't think you'll have a problem in the future as Glocks are made to perform with or without buildup of brass or powder... Someone else here may have a better explanation but I wouldn't sweat it... Reload and enjoy :)

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello Etbonds, and WELCOME to the Forum!

First of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

Second of all, the brass dusting is something I have found to be normal (in my G26 and G30, especially the G30).

Nothing that I have ever found to be overly concerned about, except for checking and eventually cleaning out the firing pin channel.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Uh, only 300 rounds between 1991/92 and now? She ain't broke in yet, is she?

It'd be great if you can tell us a little more about you and your Glock, by way of an introduction, thanks!

6. etbonds

etbonds New Member

Thanks for the answers. As far as an intro I was in the marines from 91-97 (Artillery) . Since I have worked for the post office. Recently I decided that it was time to refresh my skills and start shooting again. I have applied for my ccw and I am anxiously awaiting for it to come in the mail. I own a Glock 22 a Colt defender in 45, s&w 38and 357 both of those were my fathers duty and back up when he was on the sherifs dept here in Florida. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Artillery! Yesssss!!!

(actually, Heavy Artillery! Yesssss!!!! :D)

8. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Ooh-Rah there etbonds. I enlisted in the Marine Corps in '97. 5811 MP. I just bought my first G22 Friday. I have a G30 that I'm committed to. The G22 is just a fling for me right now.

9. draconian

draconian Premium Member

SATX
    Welcome! 11th Marines here till Nov 2006, deployed to Fallujah with 1/11B

10. Glocked

Glocked New Member

Hey draconian! I never did deploy. I spent most of my time at Quantico HMX and the air wing in Atlanta.

11. etbonds

etbonds New Member

2nd battalion 10th marines good to hear from some fellow devil dogs semper fi

12. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

Welcome to the forum!!!

13. OORAH!

Former Marine here, Aircrew stationed in New river until 07.

Welcome to the forums!

14. etbonds

etbonds New Member

Thanks it's amazing how cool everyone is on this forum

15. MiguelAngel

MiguelAngel New Member

People really gotta be a knuckle head to get booted. Lol We all fams.

16. draconian

draconian Premium Member

SATX
    For y'all motivators

Attached Files:

17. @draconion I love that quote!