Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Glock 22 that I bought in 1991 or 1992 new. I had just got done with boot camp for the marines and it was my first pistol that I ever purchased. Unfortunately deployments then life got in the way of spending time at the range with her. I recently just started shooting again. Today after the range I noticed a lot of brass inside the pistol when cleaning. I was using Winchester white box cheap ammo. Is this normal? My glock probably only has 300 rounds through it and has always been cleaned after each trip. I also have a colt defender and have not noticed the same brass dust after cleaning.

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
1st welcome to the Forum :)

2nd I believe that is typical of WWB brass, they are a cheaper round than what others prefer but good for target practice... I don't think you'll have a problem in the future as Glocks are made to perform with or without buildup of brass or powder... Someone else here may have a better explanation but I wouldn't sweat it... Reload and enjoy :)

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Hello Etbonds, and WELCOME to the Forum!

First of all, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRY!

Second of all, the brass dusting is something I have found to be normal (in my G26 and G30, especially the G30).

Nothing that I have ever found to be overly concerned about, except for checking and eventually cleaning out the firing pin channel.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
Uh, only 300 rounds between 1991/92 and now? She ain't broke in yet, is she?

It'd be great if you can tell us a little more about you and your Glock, by way of an introduction, thanks!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the answers. As far as an intro I was in the marines from 91-97 (Artillery) . Since I have worked for the post office. Recently I decided that it was time to refresh my skills and start shooting again. I have applied for my ccw and I am anxiously awaiting for it to come in the mail. I own a Glock 22 a Colt defender in 45, s&w 38and 357 both of those were my fathers duty and back up when he was on the sherifs dept here in Florida. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Ooh-Rah there etbonds. I enlisted in the Marine Corps in '97. 5811 MP. I just bought my first G22 Friday. I have a G30 that I'm committed to. The G22 is just a fling for me right now.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
Welcome! 11th Marines here till Nov 2006, deployed to Fallujah with 1/11B

·
Registered
227 Posts
draconian said:
Welcome! 11th Marines here till Nov 2006, deployed to Fallujah with 1/11B
Hey draconian! I never did deploy. I spent most of my time at Quantico HMX and the air wing in Atlanta.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts