Glock 22 or 23?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by KingSanchez, Feb 21, 2012.

1. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

I was raised on a Glock 23. When I say "raised" I mean when I was 15 my father used to bring me to pin shoots. I started competing with a Beretta 92FS, which I now own 16 years later. But eventually my dad bought a Glock 23 for me and a 1911 for himself. The 23 was a perfect fit for me and I did amazing with a .40 at such a young age. I own many firearms now, mostly 1911s for shoots and a fun S&W 10mm that I like to demolish some pins with. But I'm looking to get my first Glock. I'm not sure what took me so long, but the only thing I know is I want a .40. So it's between the 22 and the 23. I do plan on using it for a few rounds, but eventually changing out the trigger system with the EDGE Trigger, and maybe a few other mods... But I'd love to hear the opinions of the people...

Help me decide. Thanks.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

Well, the G22 is the standard size ( 4.49" barrel ) making it a good choice for pin shooting

while the G23 is the compact version ( 4.02" barrel )...making it better for conceal carry.

You have to ask yourself what will be the primary use of the firearm...

3. Flairsr

Flairsr New Member

I prefer my 22 for carry personally, but for days I can't pull off concealing the 22 I have no problem making due with my 23. I just prefer the full size, wish I could get used to carrying my 21 but it just feels so huge.

4. KingSanchez

KingSanchez New Member

I've come to this conclusion so far....

I will end up with both, I think I'm leaning forward the 23 for this weekend. The 9mm conversion really made that decision for me. But the 22 will join the family soon after.