Glock 22 or 23. Gen. 4 or not?

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by newglockguy, May 13, 2012.

1. newglockguy

newglockguy New Member

I'm looking at getting a 22 or 23. What's difference besides the size? Are the sights different? And what about the generation 4 models. My mother in law is an officer and she told me she needed to send her 22 gen 4 twice. And two others with the same gun had too ad well,and they all had the same problem with the spring.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Last edited: May 13, 2012

3. Welcome to the forum!! personally, I like the Gen3, but I would recommend you shoot both, Gen3 and Gen4 before your buy something

4. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

I've got two g22 gen4's and i've put at least 4000 rounds through my first one since November alone and i've had nothing go wrong except for one stove pipe and that was my fault for a limp wrist. Other than that I love it, I wouldn't take anything for my glock and I can honestly say I prefer it over other platforms of handguns.

5. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    In my experience Glocks are the most reliable out of the box pistol on the market. I've heard rumors of issues with initial batch of gen4's, but I'll leave that to members that actually have hands on experience with them. I've only owned and used gen2 and gen3 Glocks.

6. figurethatout28

figurethatout28 New Member

23 if you may conceal it, 22 if not. Capacity and barrel length wouldn't be worth jamming in your thigh or stomach. Gen 4 is ok with the gen 3 guide rod and conversion plug. Gen 4 gives you a better grip texture, wider mag release, and different sized backstraps for small or large hands. The gen 4's ive tried have a looong trigger reset. That may or may not matter to ya.