Glock 22 Giveaway - Question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by jimmyalbrecht, Jan 31, 2012.

1. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Does anyone else find it funny how the majority of the posters on there only have one post? haha :rolleyes:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

No coincidence there jimmy...but that G22 giveaway does generate interest and draw new people to the site daily...and some do stay..So, kudos to the guy who thought it up !!

Funny thing is, I can't take advantage of the contest because I don't FB or Twitter...go figure !!

3. I was actually here for a few weeks before acknowledging the contest to enter even though the post about the contest on FB is what lured me here to begin with. I didn't enter right off because I didn't want to be "one of those people" nor do I ever win squat anyway.:cool:

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Some do stay, but most just want to win a gun lol.

5. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

It is all about smart marketing skills. Tx launched the contest when we hit 1,000 members. Before then, we only had small advertisers on the sight. Now that we are approaching 3,000, he has Browning, Brownells, and larger companies paying to advertise. It is smart business and we have gained several members from it.

6. TxShooter

TxShooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

That's the way contests go, wish they could stick around but at least it has brought in some good members who have decided to stick around.

7. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

I know this is not your first rodeo, so what do you think, about 10-20% that come in for a contest actually stay and become active members?

8. ncarnage

ncarnage Member

Didn't even know there was a giveaway. Joined the forum because I saw the ad for Glock forum Ina fb ad. So I was like "eh why not." then I saw that had an app. So I was like "eh why not". Now I'm here.

9. delray226

delray226 New Member

who doesn't want to win a nice gun for what will be dirt cheap after taxes and shipping? I saw the ad on the right side of my facebook with the gun contest and landed here, granted I havent been very active, I still like the site, havent used the app yet

10. KeenansGarage

KeenansGarage Hiding in plain sight....

That is true. Go back through the 98 pages of the thread and you will find some members that have stuck around. Most probably will forget to check back on the 8th to see if they won.

I am hoping TxShooter and the other mods get a contest like this going every year!

11. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I wish there was a contest just for the mods. I would be a shoe in! :)

12. I was kinda the same way except I stumbled upon the app while getting ready to get my Glock. It was later on that I came upon the contest.

13. kapnkirk87

kapnkirk87 New Member

How do I enter the contest?

14. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Been lurking on the site for a long time, found it thru Google search. Then one day I see the FB ad for the raffle, so I decided to join the site and sign up.

I have decided to stay, and have learned some things and shared some things. Hope you guys fing me a worthy member....

15. I was on the 'other' site for a few months (bought my first Glock in August), and a FB friend posted a link to the Forum contest so I signed up. About a week later the iOS app came out and I've been a regular since.

I'm trying to avoid all the bad habits I picked up on the 'other' site.

This site is MUCH friendlier and while there are less topics being posted daily, I still prefer to lurk here more often due to the positive personalities.

16. deputy125

deputy125 New Member

TX
    i did not know this forum existed until directed here thanks to redhawk41.............

i am lurking and reading older posts. as i do not own a glock, there really is not much i can post about.......after-all, this is a glock specific forum. i am hoping that will change in the very near future of course..........;)

i have given a lot of thought to glocks but have a lot of personal prejudice to deal with. i was one of the last to gravitate away from the revolver for duty and probably one of the first to poke fun at the first officer who would dare pack a plastic gun that would warp on the dash of a car..........:rolleyes:

yes.........i was one of the fellers in the rank and file that ridiculed the first "glockers"......

history was shakey as i had seen one glock 22 destroyed in a kaboom with factory ammo and seen the game warden's gun after a kaboom with his glock 40 where the magazine blew out the bottom of the weapon........that was years upon years back and seem to remember the problems were traced back in both cases to some factory Federal brand ammo.

But more positive history and widespread adoption of the weapon seems to indicate the popularity and strength of the weapon. i never really warmed up to the previous duty size glocks for various reasons...namely the grip angle that i still find objectionable and the constant warnings against using lead reloads......that is a foreign concept being a revolver shooter as i have always used hard cast lead.........and more howls about particularly reloading the 40 and the dangers of kabooms.

the glocks that have held interest strangely enough have been the small ones........particularly the 36 which i found to be a natural for point shooting drills for such a compact 45 and the 26.......which was strangely more comfortable and accurate for me to borrow and shoot than a glock 19. I have shot my fair share of borrowed glocks in various sizes.....but the sub-compacts just seem to trip my trigger.

no one in my area carries gen 4 glocks for me to fondle......i am quite hopeful that the gen 4 guns will cure my objections to the grip angle.

there will be a glock eventually in my future regardless of this giveaway program......but most likely it will be a 26 or a 27 as i am issued a sig 226 dak.

decisions, decisions.....the model 26 or the model 27.............gen 3 or gen 4...........and of course the associated reloading issues.

but that is further down the road.............in the mean time, i am here lurking in the shadows............;)

Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  17. Tactics

Tactics New Member

Norcal
    same boat deputy brother! Had no idea it existed. Win a gun or not, this forum looks good and has very helpful people avail. I know a couple that will def stay