Glock 22 customization

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by bringtheheat, May 17, 2012.

1. bringtheheat

bringtheheat New Member

If you're looking for a multi caliber glock, the 22 is the only one that I would recommend. You can have 4 calibers (that I know of) including 40s&w, .357 sig, 9mm & 22LR.

2. Glockmaster

Glockmaster New Member

You can have the same with the G23 & the G27

3. NT08

NT08 New Member

Hi. New to the forum here and I have a question about this. Is converting a 23 to 9mm something that can be done long term or is it only recommend for short periods like going to the range etc?

4. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

It can be for long term. Jst need the barrel, mags and your goood to go.

5. Welcome to the forum! This is a great place to stick around, maybe drop over to the introduction section and tell us a bit about yourself, maybe some gun pics!

6. NT08

NT08 New Member

Excellent. Thanks for the info.

7. NT08

NT08 New Member

Thanks. Will do. Not much to post pic wise. Haven't bought my glock yet. Still figuring things out on that end. All I have now is a colt agent from '68.

8. Nice! I would love tohave that colt

9. NT08

NT08 New Member

I know I got us off topic here. But it spent its entire life on the shelf its original box. I put the first rounds through it last year.

10. piken

piken New Member

This is not 100% correct. You need more then just the barrel and mags depending on the model you buy. If you buy a gen 4 22/23 you also need a 17/19 recoil spring. The stock 40 cal recoil spring is the spring that was just recalled in 9mm gen 4's for feed and ejection issues. If you use hot loads you won't have an issue, but better safe then sorry when you buy week 115gr target ammo.

11. WOW see now that i want pictures of!! Don't worry about going off topic, we have a few threads on here that don't even remember what the original topic was.

12. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Oh ya forgot about that gen4 crap they did. Thats why you just stick to the gen3 like i have. IMO only reason gen4s are good is the different grip sizes it comes with now...

13. piken

piken New Member

I have shot both gen 3 and gen 4 g23's and the recoil is noticeably lighter on the gen 4 as long as the gen 3 doesn't have a heavier guide rod.

14. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Gen3 g23 wasnt too bad of recoil for me. I put an ss guide rod in mine and it did help manage it.

15. NT08

NT08 New Member

What do barrels run price-wise? And springs for that matter.

16. NT08

NT08 New Member

I'll have to post some. Maybe this weekend if i have time.

17. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Check out kkm barrels and lone wolf distributors.

18. NT08

NT08 New Member

Thanks. Much appreciated.

19. NT08

NT08 New Member

I got a couple shots of my Colt Agent for you. Not the best shots but not too bad. Manufactured in 1968. My father was the original owner. Never used it once.

Attached Files: