Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I recently purchased a Glock 22 and I carry it in a crossbreed holster, I have a slight problem with imprinting as the weapon is full sized. I don't like the "baby glock" cause I like the feel of the full grip! My question is, does anybody carry with the same system? Do you have any imprinting problems as well?!- and if so any ideas to help counter the imprint? Thanks guys!

·
Glockn Rollin
2,656 Posts
I carry the 23, which is the mid-size version. For me, the best position to carry is at 4 o clock right behind my hip, and I let it ride high. The top of the Kydex is lined up with the top of my pants. It also has a forward cant. I can just wear a t-shirt now with ym 23, and it conceals. I'm sure the longer grip makes it harder. Try wearing a loose button up shirt or a Polo shirt. Just move it around between 3-5 o Clock and see what works best for you.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I carry at 4-5 oclock with a Galco stow-n go. I wear a wifebeater for a barrier to my skin and leave my t shirt untucked.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I do sometimes carry a G22 concealed. I carry it one of two different ways. In a Galco iwb holster in the 4 o'clock position. Second way I carry is with my SOB (small of back) holster. Puts the mag well pointed up and really hides it well

·
Registered
214 Posts
I used to carry my 22, when I did I carried at 11 o'clock or appendix (I'm left handed). Maybe try one of the concealment shirts? 5.11 has one and a few other companies have more modestly priced one out there. If ya still have problems maybe move to a 23? I progressed from my 22 to my 23 simply cause my 23 actually fit in my ankle holster. However since I am 100% Glock 30 all the way! Well my $0.02 worth.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thx guys, I usually have it at a 4 o'clock position too. I guess I'll have to mess around and see where it suits me better. Thanks again guys!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well after messing around with positions, I feel 5 o'clock is more comfortable with a 45 degree. I can still draw my weapon quite smoothly if needed! And it's still very consealed!

·
Registered
385 Posts
I am new to carrying. Just got my permit two weeks ago. I'm no expert, but my comp-tac IWB holster conceals my Glock 17 just fine. I too prefer the full grip. I have large hands. Being a lefty, I carry about 7 o'clock. So far my co-workers haven't noticed they'd say something if they noticed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts