Glock .22 caliber

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by TXGlock19, Mar 24, 2012.

1. TXGlock19

TXGlock19 New Member

Anyone know if Glock ever plans on coming out with a .22 caliber pistol? Not just the conversion kit.
    Thanks

2. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

Now that would be cool!!!

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I would buy one...

4. TheKraken

TheKraken Surviving Covid-19 Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

I would buy in a heartbeat.

5. lovemyglock

lovemyglock New Member

I think a conversion kit is better that way you still have your reg glock for zombie&home defense. No one doubts the fun of the 22lr but it's practical uses are limited.

6. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

I think the reason they haven't so far is that it wouldn't have enough import points...just like the .380s. They would have to build it here. I would think, though, that if they were going to build one, they would've done it already and just not imported it.

7. wrpNYFL

wrpNYFL Premium Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I LOVE the Advantage Arms conversion kit for my 19. Close to 800 rounds through it. And it's a week old tomorrow. It eats Remington Golden Bullets 36 grain hollows like candy. It has really helped my 9mm shooting.

8. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

How much does the conversion kit cost? I've been torn between the G23 and the G19 but if I can shoot .22 ammo out of the 19 that would be the way to go!

9. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

I tried to look up the price myself but it says i have to go through a vendor. There are no prices on their website.

10. the_mule

the_mule New Member

I want .22!

:p Either would make a great birthday present! :p

11. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

Found a price. $300. That's pretty pricey. I guess it would be worth it in the long-run but thats a lot to fork out all at once. It is nice how it is just a complete new slide though. No swapping out parts, just the slide.

12. wrpNYFL

I found mine on gunbroker.com for $269 plus $15 shipping. I haven't looked to see if there are any more there, but you should check periodically. When I first looked, there were 2. By the time I signed up there was only the one I bought. I suggest signing up, then looking,so if you find it you can get it. I found one on EBay, which was up to $355 with a couple of days left. Might be over now.
    Good luck...

13. wrpNYFL

Also... Make certain it is the right kit for your weapon!!!! Special ones for Gen 4. Each model has its own kit. Some fit several. Be careful. Lots for some models on gunbroker... None for others...

14. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

For the price it would almost be worth just buying a cheap .22 pistol instead of the conversion kit. You can buy a Ruger SR22 for $350. I'm sure there are even cheaper ones than that too...that conversion kit is pretty sweet though!

15. wrpNYFL

It is a true 10 second swap. Lots of interest at the range from people who see me going back and forth between 9mm and .22 on the same target. It is awesome for teaching kids or a reluctant wife who might be intimidated by a 9mm. My wife even said she'd give it a try.

16. TXGlock19

TXGlock19 New Member

.22 Caliber

I saw the conversion kit today in a local gun store - $350.00

17. Thundernick

Thundernick New Member

Would the conversion kit work on a 26? I might need to pick up a 19..

18. the_mule

the_mule New Member

19. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

20. ParteePants

ParteePants New Member

You must be made of money! You would seriously consider buying a $500 just to buy a $300 adapter?!....me too lol