Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I would hate to write a new thread concerning this, or to repost, or whatever, but I wanna know if anyone has tried to do a 10mm conversion for a Glock 21. i know its possible and I know there are barrels for the conversion by a few good barrel makers. I just wanted to know if anyone has done it and how the results turned out...ie: no Glock kaboom, reliability, so on and so forth.

And again if this has been a thread before, I apologize.

Thanks

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I believe you only have to buy a G20 slide and barrel and an extra mag and your all set.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hermdog2004 said:
So I would hate to write a new thread concerning this, or to repost, or whatever, but I wanna know if anyone has tried to do a 10mm conversion for a Glock 21. i know its possible and I know there are barrels for the conversion by a few good barrel makers. I just wanted to know if anyone has done it and how the results turned out...ie: no Glock kaboom, reliability, so on and so forth.

And again if this has been a thread before, I apologize.

Thanks
This forum is great, but I get a lot of my research from YouTube. here's a decent video on the G21 .45-10mm conversion.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dt8s8d3RI4U&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GlockIt- I appreciate the info. Thanks

glock-a-holic- i had just finished watching this video when I cam back here to check on this thread. The review was quite informative and helpful.

Thank you both.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No, cant say that I've shot the G20. Is the 32 a .357sig? I had a g22 with a 9mm conversion barrel from lone wolf and didn't have to do a thing to the pistol to get it to reliably fire, feed, and extract. I wouldn't mind doing the same thing with a G21, but of course with a 10mm conversion barrel.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yes the G32 is .357sig. since you got a G22 all you need is a 357sig barrel. it's fun to shoot too. Georgia Arms sell 50 rounds of .357sig for $16 and some change.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But I've also heard that if I were to get a g20, I could get a .40 conversion along with a 9mm and .357sig. But dont quote me, I could be wrong. I know that the bullet dimensions are all very close in size, especially since the 10mm came from the .40 I believe.

·
Registered
131 Posts
hermdog2004 said:
But I've also heard that if I were to get a g20, I could get a .40 conversion along with a 9mm and .357sig. But dont quote me, I could be wrong. I know that the bullet dimensions are all very close in size, especially since the 10mm came from the .40 I believe.
It's the other way around, .40 came from the 10mm. All 3 bullets are the same diameter.

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yes you are correct. Gosh I knew it was the other way around. haha. I get them confused. But its pretty cool how they are alike and yet have different ballistic coefficients.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
This is Good Info! I have plans to take one of my 21's and make a dedicated 10mm out of it!:D Maybe with a Trijicon RMR red dot! That would be sweet!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would have to agree sgtcowboyusmc. I wouldn't mind having a trijicon red dot on my gun either. Man now I gotta convince the wife to let me buy one.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yeah good point. I didn't take that into consideration. Plus I would be worried I would break the trijicon. But it sure would be nice to have on a gun!

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I looked those Trijicon RMR Red dot sights up and are they seriously over $600? that's another GLOCK.
Blackwolf can hook you up for under $600 but It will cost me $200.00 to have the slide cut to mount the Trij RMR right to the slide and add suppressor sights to co-witness in case the RMR goes down!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Alright so I bought the g21 today! Im so stoked. Cant wait to take it to the range and bring back a range report, let alone do the 10mm conversion!!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts