Glock 21 Q&A

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Gryphon-tested, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Gryphon-tested

Gryphon-tested New Member

I have used multiple glocks at different training events. Just bought a new glock 21...

2. Gryphon-tested

When I "smack" a newly loaded mag, how come the darn thing won't unlock the catch and charge a round? Please excuse my incorrect terminology... I typically deal with carbines and machine guns....

3. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

It will only do it if you smack it hard enough and with the force almost at 90* to the magazine baseplate. S&W M&Ps do it exceptionally well if done right. My buddy can make my glock strip the first round when "smacking" a fresh mag in almost everytime, I on the other hand cannot. I only get it maybe 1 out of 10 times.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum Gryphon-tested !!

Let's see some pics of that new G21...

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum c1328chase !!

Which model Glock do you own...?

6. RogerH

RogerH New Member

mine does i like it it freaks out some range officers when i shoot defencive shoots mine is 10 years old been upgraded 5 years ago still rocks

7. rico567

rico567 New Member

I think wear has something to do with it. My G24, which was my first and has more wear on it, can do the "slap-drop" of the slide reliably. My G21, somewhat newer, maybe half the time. My G21SF, newer yet, only does it occasionally. I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea to get into the habit of dropping the slide this way. It amounts to a bad habit that could be very bad in the wrong situation.

8. Gryphon-tested

I agree. Its just one more trick in the bag if "it" really hit the fan. Thanks for all the input.

9. Has anybody ever pulled the striker pin out of their Glock and discovered little shavings of plastic,I did and I'm dumb founded on it.I cant figure out where it came from,there is no evidence of any scraping or shaving on the plastic on the back of the striker.Any conclusions on what this might be?

10. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Very true!!! My duty G21 3rd Gen does this and has an issue with not picking a round out of the magazine..... Very annoying....

11. Gryphon-tested

Does your 3rd gen have any other issues?

12. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

Other than the slide going into battery when you "slap" in a mag, no... It's been a good gun for me and my life depends on its function!

13. 10MM-N-ODGREEN

10MM-N-ODGREEN New Member

I don't know about his new G21 but here is a pic of mine a new in box gen4 that I picked up on the 18th at the Dixie gun show for $528.00 including tax. You gotta love great guns at great prices:)

Attached Files:

14. drhodesaz

drhodesaz New Member

15. drhodesaz

drhodesaz New Member

Sharp Weapon.

16. ArmondakaBink19

ArmondakaBink19 New Member

Guide Rod Assembly

Is the stainless steel guide rod assembly better than the plastic one that came with my G19?...Please send me a promo package!