Glock Firearms banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
When I "smack" a newly loaded mag, how come the darn thing won't unlock the catch and charge a round? Please excuse my incorrect terminology... I typically deal with carbines and machine guns....

·
Registered
165 Posts
It will only do it if you smack it hard enough and with the force almost at 90* to the magazine baseplate. S&W M&Ps do it exceptionally well if done right. My buddy can make my glock strip the first round when "smacking" a fresh mag in almost everytime, I on the other hand cannot. I only get it maybe 1 out of 10 times.

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum Gryphon-tested !!

Let's see some pics of that new G21...

·
Registered
149 Posts
It will only do it if you smack it hard enough and with the force almost at 90* to the magazine baseplate. S&W M&Ps do it exceptionally well if done right. My buddy can make my glock strip the first round when "smacking" a fresh mag in almost everytime, I on the other hand cannot. I only get it maybe 1 out of 10 times.
mine does i like it it freaks out some range officers when i shoot defencive shoots mine is 10 years old been upgraded 5 years ago still rocks

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think wear has something to do with it. My G24, which was my first and has more wear on it, can do the "slap-drop" of the slide reliably. My G21, somewhat newer, maybe half the time. My G21SF, newer yet, only does it occasionally. I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea to get into the habit of dropping the slide this way. It amounts to a bad habit that could be very bad in the wrong situation.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Has anybody ever pulled the striker pin out of their Glock and discovered little shavings of plastic,I did and I'm dumb founded on it.I cant figure out where it came from,there is no evidence of any scraping or shaving on the plastic on the back of the striker.Any conclusions on what this might be?

·
Registered
448 Posts
rico567 said:
I think wear has something to do with it. My G24, which was my first and has more wear on it, can do the "slap-drop" of the slide reliably. My G21, somewhat newer, maybe half the time. My G21SF, newer yet, only does it occasionally. I'm thinking it's probably a bad idea to get into the habit of dropping the slide this way. It amounts to a bad habit that could be very bad in the wrong situation.
Very true!!! My duty G21 3rd Gen does this and has an issue with not picking a round out of the magazine..... Very annoying....

·
Registered
11 Posts
SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Glock Forum Gryphon-tested !!

Let's see some pics of that new G21...
I don't know about his new G21 but here is a pic of mine a new in box gen4 that I picked up on the 18th at the Dixie gun show for $528.00 including tax. You gotta love great guns at great prices:)

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
10MM-N-ODGREEN said:
I don't know about his new G21 but here is a pic of mine a new in box gen4 that I picked up on the 18th at the Dixie gun show for $528.00 including tax. You gotta love great guns at great prices:)
Sharp Weapon.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guide Rod Assembly

Is the stainless steel guide rod assembly better than the plastic one that came with my G19?...Please send me a promo package!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts