Glock 21 or 21SF that is the question ....

Discussion in 'What Glock Should I Get' started by Arrestya, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Arrestya

Arrestya New Member

I am interested in a full sized G21 but I need help deciding between the standard or the FS also debating between the Gen 3 and 4...

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Really depends...best way to tell is to handle both.

I handled both the G30& the G30SF...the SF fit and felt

better in my hands...was lucky enough to shoot both too!

3. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Let me know what you decide on Arrestya. Im kind of in the same spot. Im only 5'4 with not so big hands. Ive shot my friend's 21, but havent tried a 21SF yet.

4. Seawolf

Seawolf New Member

I have medium sized hands and find the SF variant to fit me best. Perhaps you should look at the Gen4. This would allow you to configure to your liking.

5. david_jr

david_jr New Member

I have average size hands. I went with the gen4 and kept the smaller back strap on it and the fit is just right.

6. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

A very good friend of mine had the option of a 21 or 21SF when he was issued a weapon... He chose the SF for fit and he doesn't have small hands... I've got big paws and I like the 21....

7. Yea same here. I have big hands and my regular G21 fits like a glove. Best way to find out as previously stated is to go hold both models in both generations to find out what will work best or you.

8. Arrestya

Arrestya New Member

Thanks for everyones imput.....

9. I have the G21SF and it fits great! Only thing I wanna do is Stipple it, because the grip is a bit plasticky...

10. SamEngel1984

SamEngel1984 New Member

I have a G21 and I love it... I'm also a big guy (just under 6'2") with large hands... It really depends on what you're most comfortable with.

11. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

21SF here. My hand fit the 21 but the 21SF really fit my hand. A recommendation in addition to what others have already stated: beside gripping both side-by-side, try renting both and firing both side-by-side. I was told and believe, the more I'm able to control the grip, the better I'm able to control the gun and my shot.

12. ckuenzer331

ckuenzer331 Member

When I finally get another 10mm, I plan to try both the SF and regular... Might not be long, but an M1 comes first!! Gotta stop the Zombies at range.. ;)

13. NvrenufRR

NvrenufRR New Member

SF
    I'd go gen 4 just bc you can find them at just about 525-550, the same or just above te gen 3

14. Arrestya

Arrestya New Member

Just picked up this G21 Gen 4...I LOVE IT! It feels smaller in the grip than the Gen 3 ...LE price $469 with 3 13rd mags....I'm pumped!

ForumRunner_20120228_164049.jpg

15. ag563

ag563 Member

Looks like you got a good deal to me, enjoy it.

16. cwick

cwick New Member

wow great deal! if you go gen 3 21sf you could always get the hogue rubber for it.

17. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

has anyone heard, seen, or own a new G21sf Gen4? Or do they even exist? I'm hearing that these just came out and are even better for smaller hands than the Gen4 21s, but don't see anything about them on the Glock website. Any help will be great.

18. Arrestya

Arrestya New Member

I just bought a Gen 4 G21 and the grip without the add on back straps is the same size as the Gen 3 SF. I don't think they make the Gen 4 in the SF.

19. ncnrmedic

ncnrmedic New Member

I have a G21 SF as a duty weapon, but mine is Gen3. I love it. My personal weapon is the regular G21. I don't notice a vast difference in the grips. The Gen4 G22 I have is an excellent weapon, and I like the fact that you can change the grips if you want to. There's also a grip system you can buy through glockstore that allows you to change the grip of your Glock to be more like a Sig if you wanted.