Glock Firearms banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a glock 21 (gen 3) used and the guide rod feels really limp. You can bend it with two fingers and it's harder to rack the slide on my dads 19 than it is on the 21. Should I replace it with a steel rod?

·
Banned
14,133 Posts
Welcome to the Glock Forum tnmoondog !!

Replace the guide rod if you feel the need, but if the firearm functions properly, why bother ?!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey thanks guys! I already love this forum :) . I am a huge glock fan and that is all I have ever carried but this is my first 45 so it's all kind of new to me. I have not fired it yet but I have never seen a guide rod so dinky before in my life

·
Banned
308 Posts
tnmoondog said:
Hey thanks guys! I already love this forum :) . I am a huge glock fan and that is all I have ever carried but this is my first 45 so it's all kind of new to me. I have not fired it yet but I have never seen a guide rod so dinky before in my life
The guide rod only guides. Does not require strength, the plastic rods can last thousands of rounds if properly handled.

The metal rods only offer muzzle weight to provide "perceived reduced muzzle flip" (according to the marketing noise).

·
Banned
308 Posts
PettyOfficer said:
The metal rods only offer muzzle weight to provide "perceived reduced muzzle flip" (according to the marketing noise).
that being said, I am considering a tungsten RSA (recoil spring assembly) for my G30 since muzzle flip is rather excessive due to the short barrel.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I ordered a steel rod before joining this forum now I wish I had waited so I could have got the tungsten GSA

·
Premium Member
16 Posts
I've been carrying a Tungsten guide rod in my G22 for about seven years, love the feel of it. It might all be in my head but I think it feels good.

·
Slightly Opinionated
235 Posts
I've always wondered if those metal rods make a discernible difference. Now I know. Thanks for the information.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts