Glock Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a used Glock 21 that I purchased with this issue. It is extremely difficult to pull down the release tabs on each side. I just can't effectively grip them. For now, I can use some kind of gripper to do it.
My question is: can this issue be fixed by a gunsmith? Or does Glock offer a solution?

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I have a used Glock 21 that I purchased with this issue. It is extremely difficult to pull down the release tabs on each side. I just can't effectively grip them. For now, I can use some kind of gripper to do it.
My question is: can this issue be fixed by a gunsmith? Or does Glock offer a solution?
might not he a bad idea to do a complete disassembly and cleaning, there could be dirt or lint build up causing the issue as well

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have difficulty with pulling down the slide-lock on the large frame Glocks (had a few G21SF Glocks, G29, G30gen4, and currently just a G30SF).

For me, switching to an aftermarket extended slide LOCK cured the problem.
I believe the link is showing three different brands sold by MidwayUSA.
A gunsmith isn't required to swap the extended slide lock levers, but do find someone to do it if you (any owner or the OP) do not feel confident doing the work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts