Glock Firearms banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Yes I agree! I just added one to my glock 21 and it makes releasing the slide and chambering a round after a you put a new mag in a lot faster and easier.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine should be arriving on Wednesday, this is a cheap no brainer upgrade

·
Registered
511 Posts
Installed a Vickers Extended Slide Release today. Looks nice and functions better.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i also have a g21 but im left handed is it posisbile for it to swich sides i hear that i can change my mag realese and my slide realse. i like that extention

·
Banned
654 Posts
it makes a big difference, I don't know why Glock does'nt install them on new weapons.

·
ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o
329 Posts
Great Upgrade..

·
Banned
636 Posts
Love my extended bits but $28???

$20 would be more reasonable, it only take 5 minutes to do both the mag release and slide stop together.

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
I put the same thing on my G21 and will do so for my G30. It is cheap but makes a world of a difference!!!!

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
What about the Ghost Extended SL? Anybody ever try this one? The protrusion is actually forward. It seems like it would be in perfect position for me, as a left-hand shooter. Click on the pic. It's a huge image, you can scroll around and get a very good look at it.

If the link doesn't take you to it for some reason, they call it "Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release (Combat Black)"
http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_BFS_BLK/Ghost-Bullet-Forward-Slide-Release-Combat-Black.html

·
Registered
385 Posts
it makes a big difference, I don't know why Glock does'nt install them on new weapons.
My guess would be that it adds 1.2 mm to the width of the gun. If they made it a factory item, then they have to modify the specs and they would lose the additional revenue from the add on sale.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I don't have the ghost one that is foward but I do have the ghost extended slide release. I personally like the little tear drop shape.

DSCF0001.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
165 Posts
I got a new 23 w/ this installed (as well as Glock night sights) at a gun show. Had a 27 and dad has 2 22s and a 33. All with standard slide lock levers, this by far is one of my favorite accesories for a Glock. Makes life so much easier. Before, I powerstroked every release of the slide simply because it was a PITA. This little baby makes releasing the slide how it should be. Definitely agree with several guys above. ^^^^^^^^

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
They do on the G34, 35, 24, 17L.

I install these on all the Comp 1 and 2 Setups for my customers. These are great for righties and southpaws.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Argyle_Armoring said:
They do on the G34, 35, 24, 17L.

I install these on all the Comp 1 and 2 Setups for my customers. These are great for righties and southpaws.
I am a southpaw and love the fact they make an extended slide release that goes forward. This help extremely as I use my index finger being a lefty. Out of all the bells and whistles the best part I put on so far.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts