Glock 21 Extended slide stop.

Discussion in 'Glock Accessories & Gear' started by Robxxxx, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Picked this up over at Black Heart International, I stopped in and they installed it for me in like 2 mins was 28 bucks total. For me its amazing since I jacked my thumb up in a dirt bike accident.

Attached Files:

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Lifetime Supporting Member

3. Yes I agree! I just added one to my glock 21 and it makes releasing the slide and chambering a round after a you put a new mag in a lot faster and easier.

4. leb686

leb686 New Member

Mine should be arriving on Wednesday, this is a cheap no brainer upgrade

5. dslmac2

dslmac2 New Member

Installed a Vickers Extended Slide Release today. Looks nice and functions better.

6. guardian1881

guardian1881 New Member

i also have a g21 but im left handed is it posisbile for it to swich sides i hear that i can change my mag realese and my slide realse. i like that extention

7. Tape

Tape New Member

it makes a big difference, I don't know why Glock does'nt install them on new weapons.

8. Boracay

Boracay ʎ ɐ ɔ ɐ ᴚ o

Great Upgrade..

9. Love my extended bits but $28???

$20 would be more reasonable, it only take 5 minutes to do both the mag release and slide stop together.

10. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I put the same thing on my G21 and will do so for my G30. It is cheap but makes a world of a difference!!!!

11. ag563

ag563 Member

me too, I got the stainless steel one for my G21, from Glock Polishing on eBay. Great guy to deal with...

12. Eye_Peeled

Eye_Peeled 8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)

What about the Ghost Extended SL? Anybody ever try this one? The protrusion is actually forward. It seems like it would be in perfect position for me, as a left-hand shooter. Click on the pic. It's a huge image, you can scroll around and get a very good look at it.

If the link doesn't take you to it for some reason, they call it "Ghost Bullet Forward Slide Release (Combat Black)"
    http://www.ghostinc.com/product/GHO_BFS_BLK/Ghost-Bullet-Forward-Slide-Release-Combat-Black.html

13. mikecu

mikecu New Member

My guess would be that it adds 1.2 mm to the width of the gun. If they made it a factory item, then they have to modify the specs and they would lose the additional revenue from the add on sale.

14. I don't have the ghost one that is foward but I do have the ghost extended slide release. I personally like the little tear drop shape.

DSCF0001.jpg

15. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

I got a new 23 w/ this installed (as well as Glock night sights) at a gun show. Had a 27 and dad has 2 22s and a 33. All with standard slide lock levers, this by far is one of my favorite accesories for a Glock. Makes life so much easier. Before, I powerstroked every release of the slide simply because it was a PITA. This little baby makes releasing the slide how it should be. Definitely agree with several guys above. ^^^^^^^^

16. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

They do on the G34, 35, 24, 17L.

I install these on all the Comp 1 and 2 Setups for my customers. These are great for righties and southpaws.

17. MNMCycles

MNMCycles New Member

I am a southpaw and love the fact they make an extended slide release that goes forward. This help extremely as I use my index finger being a lefty. Out of all the bells and whistles the best part I put on so far.