Glock Firearms banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
For target shooting I am really loving the Winchester white box 50 rounds 230gr FMJ. Its cheap, accurate, and doesn't get my G21 to dirty at all.

For HD I have been looking in to these rounds: http://store.chencustom.com/45_ACP_SOLID_DEFENSE_X_SDX_Barnes_185_gr_HP_P_s/78.htm supposed to be the best on the market for .45 acp hollow points. Up to 1'' expansion.

I got time to find a good HD round for the G21 cause I have a mossberg 500 for primary HD.

·
Registered
42 Posts
That isn't too much per round. I just like to fire a couple hundred rounds of something thru my gun to make sure there are no problems with feeding before I rely on it in a defensive situation.
I can say that I have never had a problem with anything I have ever put thru my Glocks. Just like to be sure and at over $1.50 per round that gets expensive. Your suggestion sounds like something I may have to try.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
....... I just like to fire a couple hundred rounds of something thru my gun to make sure there are no problems with feeding before I rely on it in a defensive situation.......
That is were it will get expensive, making sure it works flawlessly with your gun. Other then that I personally think it would be worth it to have a couple mags loaded up with them just in case. In my perspective, its still cheaper then my .50ae rounds I buy:p.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the Winchester white box JHP. It the most economical JHP that I've found. A couple magazines is enough to prove that it works.
I try not to get caught up in the ammo hype. A 230gr projectile going 830fps into the thoracic cavity of an intruder will drop him so fast you probably won't get a second shot off.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Get the Winchester white box JHP. It the most economical JHP that I've found. A couple magazines is enough to prove that it works.
I try not to get caught up in the ammo hype. A 230gr projectile going 830fps into the thoracic cavity of an intruder will drop him so fast you probably won't get a second shot off.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts