Glock 20SF Slide Scratch

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by TacticalKnifeCCW, Jan 16, 2016.

1. TacticalKnifeCCW

TacticalKnifeCCW New Member

NorCal
    Hello!

I currently have a Glock 23 and 19.

I went into purchase a new Glock 20SF today. It was the last one they had and was the display model. I asked the salesman if I could fieldstrip the firearm so that I could look under the slide.

During my inspection, I noticed a scratch along the side of the stripper rail. My other two Glocks (which I purchased new) didn't have this issue. The salesman stated that it's a new firearm and that it mostly came from the factory like that. But my first thought was that since it was the display model, a customer may have caused the scratch. But I'm not an expert, so who knows.

I've checked online and haven't found any information about this except for someone mentioning that it may have been caused by not putting the slide back on correctly.

I found this picture online that shows a similar scratch on the same side of the stripper rail. I don't recall how deep the scratch was on the 20SF I purchased. I'm just worried that it may lead to something later. If you look at the stripper rail and go south, you will see the scratch.

Thank you in advance for the help!

[​IMG]

2. Rackit

Rackit New Member

That doesnt look right to me. That is the side of the slide where the trigger bar and connector operate. Whats even more disturbing is that the salesman would try to pass it off as normal.

Out of curiosity I checked my 21 and 22 slides to see if there was anything there. My 22, which has many rounds through it was clear. My 21 which has about 350 rounds through it has an indication that the slide and trigger bar have contact, but nothing even close to the gouge that is in your pic. Id stay away from this one if I was you.

3. Cowpokey

Cowpokey New Member

Definitely not normal. I wouldn't have purchased it.