Glock 20 gen4

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by 856johnjohn10mm, Sep 23, 2020.

1. 856johnjohn10mm

856johnjohn10mm New Member

I would like to start customizing my Glock and mainly would like to convert it to long slide. Few questions what companies I should trust their parts and which should I steer away from. Besides longslide conversion , looking for night sights and magwells. Also a light and or lasers. Any and all info appreciated. Seen a few things but not sure what’s junk or not or especially buying something I like and missing out on something I would love because I didn’t know about it.... see many things for many models except for my 10mm. When I do find things it’s limited. Thank you in advance.

2. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    I’d say look at Brownell’s and Midway USA but I think it’ll be hard to find a long slide for the gen4 20.

856johnjohn10mm likes this.

3. 856johnjohn10mm

Kinda figured. Was hoping was some website I haven’t stumbled upon since I’m new to everything . But I have been a little obsessive about finding a barrel and slide but can only find the barrel. Thanks once again

Danzig likes this.
  4. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a generation 3, 20. I had to settle for a 6” barrel that I put in if I think I need the extra length.

856johnjohn10mm and Silver-Bolt like this.
  5. 856johnjohn10mm

Going to order the barrel and if I find a slide in the future I’ll take it from there. Going to try and be patient. Another question please be patient with me I’m new. Would like also the oem compensated barrel. Now in general do comp barrels only work with ported slides? Or they work either way it’s just better if the barrel is ported ? Or the only way a comp barrel will work without the slide is if it extends out past the slide where its ported at? Sorry once again I know for those who are already educated in this area I’m sure these questions are irritating. Just want multiple different barrels and slides in general but would like to know facts that I can’t find or I’m just not wording it correctly when searching.

6. GlockGhost

GlockGhost Active Member

Try ebay, i never looked their beforehand but recently stumbled on a place that make blank slides for a G20 and other models. Question is how would hold up to the 10mm.

7. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    If you have a porter barrel that’s within the slides confines then yes the slide must be ported as well. There are some barrels that extend outside the slide that have ports but more commonly you’ll see a threaded barrel with a compensator threaded on.

8. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Just so you know, ported barrels and compensated barrels are different.

The following article is a bit more detailed than one may like, but it offers some insight into their functional and performance differences.

Pistol Recoil Reduction: Ports vs. Compensator
    https://www.shootingtimes.com/editorial/recoil-reduction-ports-vs-compensator/99220

Best regards,

Bob