Glock Firearms banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Decided to take to the range this pair of so similar Glocks and shoot some paper :D.

Ammo is ready, 124gr Geco (all right, I'm a cheapo ammo burner . :p)

those loaded mags look so beautiful, I can almost smell the fairy dust...

almost ready... :rolleyes:

First 20 rounds.. :)

ammo stock is depleting fast... :eek:

40 rounds... ;)

Sad pandas, no more ammo!! o_O (Actually, I didn't have much time and it was just for fun after a busy day at work.... but there were some reserves just in case:rolleyes:)

mmmm that smell is glorious... :D

Time to clean the babies before putting them in the safe ;)

For me, it's a relaxing activity away from the daily stress

Thanks for reading and watching the pics! :D

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Can you tell us what distance you are shooting at ?

What is the main difference between those two gun models ?
7 yards.
The 45 had a gritty trigger but after slightly polishing some internals, now it’s as smooth as the 19x. Btw apex tactical triggers on both.

Same sights Truglo TFX, extended slide release. I don’t use the front serrations so no difference there, both reliable without any FTF or FTF. Similar Extraction patterns (none to the face) and weight distribution/balance.

I tried the black ice/yikes connector but didn’t like them and moved back to factory connectors.

Both gen 5 so creating similar barrel marks.

Blindfolded and without touching the slides, no differences at all.

·
Banned
867 Posts
Thanks, that's some nice shooting !

I think they are both very similar to my Glock 19. I remember that the Glock 45 came out right after I had already bought my G19 and it did not seem to be worth it to trade at that time. Biggest irritant with the G19 is the front cutout on the grip for supposed magazine access. But I have fixed that problem by installing new magazine base plates on my magazines that have a plug to fill that hole.

·
Banned
252 Posts
I had a 19x and it was fun, but I opted for the 45 when it came out because I like the complete and reliable interchangeability of magazines, it does not have a cut out on the front strap, which bothered my gorilla hands, plus it has front slide serrations, etc.

·
Premium Member
3,677 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks, that's some nice shooting !

I think they are both very similar to my Glock 19. I remember that the Glock 45 came out right after I had already bought my G19 and it did not seem to be worth it to trade at that time. Biggest irritant with the G19 is the front cutout on the grip for supposed magazine access. But I have fixed that problem by installing new magazine base plates on my magazines that have a plug to fill that hole.
Could you post a link for those base plates you're talking about?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

Decided to take to the range this pair of so similar Glocks and shoot some paper :D.

Ammo is ready, 124gr Geco (all right, I'm a cheapo ammo burner . :p)

those loaded mags look so beautiful, I can almost smell the fairy dust...

almost ready... :rolleyes:

First 20 rounds.. :)

ammo stock is depleting fast... :eek:

40 rounds... ;)

Sad pandas, no more ammo!! o_O (Actually, I didn't have much time and it was just for fun after a busy day at work.... but there were some reserves just in case:rolleyes:)

mmmm that smell is glorious... :D

Time to clean the babies before putting them in the safe ;)

For me, it's a relaxing activity away from the daily stress

Thanks for reading and watching the pics! :D
Great shooting, thanks for sharing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts